A new DIRECTV Genie DVR coming soon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What if Dish buys DTV just for the customers and to keep Dish alive since their last satellite runs out of fuel 2025? They can keep their customers and get new ones from DTV. Then when DTV satellites run out fuel they could have DTV Stream and Sling TV merged and that would be the new service Dish Network would offer. Their would be no new DVR just Google TV and the cloud DVR?
And like other services, set the channels to the right time zone depending on where they live, because DIRECTV Stream does not do that

I just got a Gemini and the worst part of it is not being able to turn off HDR. No reason it should always be on.
Is the Gemini 10/100 or can it do gigabit? Connecting directly to my switch shows me 10/100. Would like to know if it’s a wire issue or if they didn’t include gigabit on this….

I just got a Gemini and the worst part of it is not being able to turn off HDR. No reason it should always be on.
an update is out that alllows to disable hdr - unfortunately this also disables it for the programs that support it. Enable/disable require a full restart too.

Reactions: longhorn23
Is the Gemini 10/100 or can it do gigabit? Connecting directly to my switch shows me 10/100. Would like to know if it’s a wire issue or if they didn’t include gigabit on this….

What would be the point of gigabit when the maximum bandwidth it would ever need to support (for a 4K program) is around 30 Mbps or so?

• Love
Reactions: harshness
What would be the point of gigabit when the maximum bandwidth it would ever need to support (for a 4K program) is around 30 Mbps or so?
It has streaming apps too.

My Sony TVs come with 10/100. Plugging a usb gigabit in thought makes everything way faster and streaming is noticeably faster. Especially Bravia core. While things may only need lower speeds, a bigger pipe with the available bandwidth is helpful.

Apple TV is gigabit too.

My Sony TVs come with 10/100. Plugging a usb gigabit in thought makes everything way faster and streaming is noticeably faster. Especially Bravia core. While things may only need lower speeds, a bigger pipe with the available bandwidth is helpful.

Apple TV is gigabit too.
I did that with my two Sonys, does make a difference, Bravia Core movies requires 120 down to reach their full potential, they look better then Vudu for one example.

Apple TV is gigabit too.
agree!!! plus how many devices one is running on there network as well!!!

Can you explain what you mean by this? My only frame of reference for HDR is iPhone photography - how does it impact the DTV experience? Was thinking about trying to get a Gemini, but don't want to if there are drawbacks.

i know att still owns 70% of dtv. though i do wonder why they still own a failing asset.. theere have been talks of mergers between dish but who knows
Does ATT keep DTV because the satellites are being used as well for their internet business, or are valuable in that capacity? I have no idea, just a thought.

Reactions: navychop
Can you explain what you mean by this? My only frame of reference for HDR is iPhone photography - how does it impact the DTV experience? Was thinking about trying to get a Gemini, but don't want to if there are drawbacks.

You can now turn off HDR. Unfortunately it requires a reboot and then HDR shows don’t work.

They need to make HDR only turn on when supported. Something like apples “match range and frame rate” would be great.

Reactions: longhorn23
You can now turn off HDR. Unfortunately it requires a reboot and then HDR shows don’t work.

They need to make HDR only turn on when supported. Something like apples “match range and frame rate” would be great.
How does the DTV PQ look with HDR turned off? I am using the Apple TV 4k box and I have it set to 4k SDR and the PQ looks a lot better on the streaming apps.

Apple TV is gigabit too.

Which usb gigabit do you use for your Sony tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the DTV PQ look with HDR turned off? I am using the Apple TV 4k box and I have it set to 4k SDR and the PQ looks a lot better on the streaming apps.
it looks good. but the 4k HDR stuff is only in 4k so while it still looks good, it should look better with HDR. the other stuff is being forced into a color space that it wasn't made for and isn't right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.