Is there anyway for to get D* to waive a 2nd receiver fee?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Hi all, my friend was going to get E* with Turbo HD gold and AT 250 until I pointed out that D* had a competitive price with more channels. However, the problem he ran into was that E* will charge him $14/month to lease 2 receivers while D* will give one free and charge up front for the 2nd. Is there anyway to get D* to lease the 2nd or waive the charge?

I think you are referring to the 'upgrade fee'. You are going to have to pay $5 a month for each receiver above the first in a 'lease fee'. Usually, you have to pay an up front charge as well. So for an HD DVR, you normally have to pay $199 up front and if you have two receivers you have a $5 a month lease fee. The $5 monthly fee is non-negotiable, but you may be able to negotiate down the up front fee. I think right now they're running a promo where you get one free advanced receiver, meaning you can get the $199 on an HD DVR waived (but would have to pay the $199 for a second HD DVR or $99 HD non-DVR or SD DVR)

2 DVR receivers you're still looking at $11 per month in fees with D* as well. Your not just paying $199 upfront , you still Got $5.99 DVr fee and $4.99 Lease Fee on your 2nd Receiver. But best thing to do is just Tell D* what E* is offering ,and see if they could beat it.

He wants a DVR and 2 regular HD Receivers. The monthly fee isn't the problem since E* has it as well, he just doesn't like that he'll have to pay $99 up front for the receivers(might just be 1 of them, not entirely sure myself)

2 DVR receivers you're still looking at $11 per month in fees with D* as well. Your not just paying $199 upfront , you still Got $5.99 DVr fee and $4.99 Lease Fee on your 2nd Receiver. But best thing to do is just Tell D* what E* is offering ,and see if they could beat it.

According to the rep I spoke to the other day, with DirecTV you only pay a single DVR fee, regardless of how may DVRs you have. Even on the web site configurator, I spec'd out my system with 2 HD DVRs, and I get hit with a single DVR fee, and a $5 lease fee for the second HD DVR (which, if you're an AAA member you can pick up even cheaper than $199).

Chris

According to the rep I spoke to the other day, with DirecTV you only pay a single DVR fee, regardless of how may DVRs you have. Even on the web site configurator, I spec'd out my system with 2 HD DVRs, and I get hit with a single DVR fee, and a $5 lease fee for the second HD DVR (which, if you're an AAA member you can pick up even cheaper than $199).

Chris
Thats True . But you still have to pay a $5 addtional receiver fee.
So even if you have 1 DVR receiver, You still have to pay $6 DVR fee. If you add a 2nd DVR you have to pay $5 lease fee. Thats $11. So what are you correcting?

so no matter what, he will have to pay up front for extra receivers?

Thats True . But you still have to pay a $5 addtional receiver fee.
So even if you have 1 DVR receiver, You still have to pay $6 DVR fee. If you add a 2nd DVR you have to pay $5 lease fee. Thats $11. So what are you correcting?

My bad...I misread what you were saying. Just coming from Dish, I know that they charge a per receiver DVR fee.

Chris

so no matter what, he will have to pay up front for extra receivers?

The offer I got through AAA is that I could get 2 advanced receivers for free...so my free offer was for one HD DVR and one HD receiver. I was able to upgrade the HD receiver to an HD DVR for $99 (instead of the normal $100). So it is possible to get two receivers for free.

Not to mention, with an AAA membership, he can get $10 off/month for 24 months (which more than pays for AAA membership).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Auto Pay and paperless billing perks????

DIY Network question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)