Is there anyway for to get D* to waive a 2nd receiver fee?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Hi all, my friend was going to get E* with Turbo HD gold and AT 250 until I pointed out that D* had a competitive price with more channels. However, the problem he ran into was that E* will charge him $14/month to lease 2 receivers while D* will give one free and charge up front for the 2nd. Is there anyway to get D* to lease the 2nd or waive the charge?

I think you are referring to the 'upgrade fee'. You are going to have to pay $5 a month for each receiver above the first in a 'lease fee'. Usually, you have to pay an up front charge as well. So for an HD DVR, you normally have to pay $199 up front and if you have two receivers you have a $5 a month lease fee. The $5 monthly fee is non-negotiable, but you may be able to negotiate down the up front fee. I think right now they're running a promo where you get one free advanced receiver, meaning you can get the $199 on an HD DVR waived (but would have to pay the $199 for a second HD DVR or $99 HD non-DVR or SD DVR)

2 DVR receivers you're still looking at $11 per month in fees with D* as well. Your not just paying $199 upfront , you still Got $5.99 DVr fee and $4.99 Lease Fee on your 2nd Receiver. But best thing to do is just Tell D* what E* is offering ,and see if they could beat it.

He wants a DVR and 2 regular HD Receivers. The monthly fee isn't the problem since E* has it as well, he just doesn't like that he'll have to pay $99 up front for the receivers(might just be 1 of them, not entirely sure myself)

2 DVR receivers you're still looking at $11 per month in fees with D* as well. Your not just paying $199 upfront , you still Got $5.99 DVr fee and $4.99 Lease Fee on your 2nd Receiver. But best thing to do is just Tell D* what E* is offering ,and see if they could beat it.

According to the rep I spoke to the other day, with DirecTV you only pay a single DVR fee, regardless of how may DVRs you have. Even on the web site configurator, I spec'd out my system with 2 HD DVRs, and I get hit with a single DVR fee, and a $5 lease fee for the second HD DVR (which, if you're an AAA member you can pick up even cheaper than $199).

Chris

According to the rep I spoke to the other day, with DirecTV you only pay a single DVR fee, regardless of how may DVRs you have. Even on the web site configurator, I spec'd out my system with 2 HD DVRs, and I get hit with a single DVR fee, and a $5 lease fee for the second HD DVR (which, if you're an AAA member you can pick up even cheaper than $199).

Chris
Thats True . But you still have to pay a $5 addtional receiver fee.
So even if you have 1 DVR receiver, You still have to pay $6 DVR fee. If you add a 2nd DVR you have to pay $5 lease fee. Thats $11. So what are you correcting?

so no matter what, he will have to pay up front for extra receivers?

Thats True . But you still have to pay a $5 addtional receiver fee.
So even if you have 1 DVR receiver, You still have to pay $6 DVR fee. If you add a 2nd DVR you have to pay $5 lease fee. Thats $11. So what are you correcting?

My bad...I misread what you were saying. Just coming from Dish, I know that they charge a per receiver DVR fee.

Chris

so no matter what, he will have to pay up front for extra receivers?

The offer I got through AAA is that I could get 2 advanced receivers for free...so my free offer was for one HD DVR and one HD receiver. I was able to upgrade the HD receiver to an HD DVR for $99 (instead of the normal $100). So it is possible to get two receivers for free.

Not to mention, with an AAA membership, he can get $10 off/month for 24 months (which more than pays for AAA membership).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)