Is there anyway to use PIP with Voom?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnl107

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 29, 2004
Allentown, PA
Is there anyway I can wire my Voom system in order to use my TV's picture-in-picture feature? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I figured I'd ask just in case. Thanks.

You could always purchase another box. When compared to adding cable to the house it is still cheaper in my market. Don't know if you really want it that much.

PIP requires multiple tuners. The Voom STB only has one tuner in it. So you would need multiple Voom boxes. I have my PIP setup with Voom in one, and my local cable feed in the other. If you don't have cable or another satellite provider, you could split your OTA antenna line into your TV also and use that as another PiP source. You would get whatever analog locals are available in your area in one window and Voom in the other.

On Sunday I was watching Soccer and Football at the same time using PIP.
I have the OTA cable split between the STB and the TV set itself.
MY TV set has only NTSC tuner, but I really don't need HD in a small window! :)

I have an old 13" Commodore monitor sitting next to me in my HT so I can monitor other sources while watching another. Since all my devices have a composite out, I run it through a switch box and change to the device I wish to monitor. It's great for burning DVD's while watching on the big screen or channel surfing during commercials, I can put the channel that went to commercial on the monitor then surf away on the big screen until my program comes back. I despise commercials and rarely sit through one.

My RCA won't allow me to use PIP when using my Component or DVI inputs :mad:

Anyone know a way around this??? It's sounds stupid to me....

PIP is a function of your display device. You could upgrade the RCA by purchasing a Sony. :D :yes

dnyce said:
My RCA won't allow me to use PIP when using my Component or DVI inputs :mad:

Anyone know a way around this??? It's sounds stupid to me....
You can run the s-video or composite outputs from your Voom STB to the TV as well as component, and switch to that input source when using PIP.

FunkyBoss said:
You can run the s-video or composite outputs from your Voom STB to the TV as well as component, and switch to that input source when using PIP.

I am reading this right? I can use DVI out and component out from the Voom box at the same time and they are both active?

Yes, all outputs are active. I use the composite to my 13" monitor, S-Video to my recorder, Component and DVI to the pj. This makes it convenient to be able to monitor a channel if I am watching Dish so I can go back after a commercial and it also allows recording while watching HD. ;)

I will be using these connections ASAP. How do the S-Video and component signals look? I am used to HD on my Mits 62725 DLP but obviously know the other connections will not be that nice. But is the picture quality reasonable to send to a smaller (13"-32") tube non hd tv?

I see stated that there is only one tuner, yet Iread that there are really two tuners. One OTA and another for the satellite channels. Why can't both be watched via PIP?

They are both integrated. So therefore it is only seen as one. That's how most STBs are unless there is a two satellite tuner.

tdillon said:
PIP is a function of your display device. You could upgrade the RCA by purchasing a Sony. :D :yes
My Hitachi can also have a PIP with two HD inputs. I am doing it with VOOM and D* HD. :)

Samsung TXN3075WHF widescreen question...

My tv natively doesn't come with picture in picture, but I found a way to activate it from the tv's service menu. The only drawback is, I can't activate it on my component outputs, only on the composite outputs do they work :( . Anyone know how to get around this?

"You could upgrade the RCA by purchasing a Sony. "

Yeah...but why half-step? :)

Lob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)