Is there Japaness Program in US on FTA channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dzhan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Is there Japaness Program in Austin TX USA on FTA channel?

If there is then which satellite is that?

Thanks,

David

dzhan said:
Is there Japaness Program in Austin TX USA on FTA channel?

If there is then which satellite is that?

Thanks,

David
You need a C-band (BUD) dish and you can watch TV Japan on T7/IA7 @ 129.0w, according to lyngsat. I think it might belong to NHK. I've seen some NHK stuff on there.

Al

TV Japan is kind like an old Omnibus channel, they air a bit of Wowow, NHK, and another network (which name escapes me at the moment) and some english language Japanese news.

other than TV Japan there isnt any Japanese programming on satellites here in the US. There's a bunch in Europe

Isnt the PAS9 one on a European beam? or is that a hemisphere beam...? (too lazy to look up lyng)

ultatryon said:
Isnt the PAS9 one on a European beam? or is that a hemisphere beam...? (too lazy to look up lyng)

Actually on the Americas beam.

It has both a PAL and NTSC version with English and Japanese audio.

I run across this channel all the time as this is my favourite wildfeed satellite. I'm happy to say PAS9 has a strong signal out here in Western Canada.

mark_calgary said:
Actually on the Americas beam.

It has both a PAL and NTSC version with English and Japanese audio.

I run across this channel all the time as this is my favourite wildfeed satellite. I'm happy to say PAS9 has a strong signal out here in Western Canada.

I wouldn't be suprised if some World Cup Adhoc(wildfeeds) show up in a week or two....:smug

NHK on Pas 9 is using 1/2 FEC. This is very generous :) IT makes it very easy to pick up even with a smaller dish.

There really just isn't much Japanese TV in the United States, FTA or otherwise. NHK World, which is FTA in English and Japanese on PAS 9 is probably your best bet. It won't be much lower in the sky than IA-7 from your location and probably will let you get by with a smaller dish (since the spacing between satellites is greater there).

Krapola said:
I wouldn't be suprised if some World Cup Adhoc(wildfeeds) show up in a week or two....:smug

I am so looking forward to June 9. I only wish I could tear down the neighbour's house which mostly blocks my view of I-805.

I do have HDTV through my cable provider though, and all games supposedly will be in HD (TSN and Sportsnet up here) but with annoying commercials and anouncers and likely a direct copy of whatever ESPN shows. It will be interesting to see what I watch more, wildfeeds or cable? I vote for wildfeeds. Luckily my TV has a split screen mode so I can scan and not have to interrupt my wife's(A Dutch soccer fan) and my (An English soccer fan - sorry PSB :D ) viewing of the games.

I found the Dutch friendly last weekend on PAS-9 which made my wife extremely happy. We'll see if I can find the one on Thursday. Since I'm working I may have to talk my wife through the setup via telephone - a daunting task.

Hopefully this isn't hijacking the thread.....

Mark, just keep an eye of P9 for the next week or so...I never get AdHoc info until last minuite when it comes to Special Events....I am confident some traffic will be uplinked there...Probably some South American regional programming for News Spots as well...It gets kinda interesting to see what is happening on the "streets" of the host Location...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)