Is there some site that shows you if you need an OTA to receive HD Locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

insomniahead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Like a coverage map or something? Also, will an OTA always work to give you your local HD channels? Is the launch of the new 100 HD channels for next month going to fix it where we no longer need an OTA?

no, there will still be plenty of cloud cover or rain will continue when dtv launches new hd
ota always more reliable then satellite

Will an OTA attena give me all of my local HD channels? I see I do not receive the HD Locals when I type my zip in to directtv site. So If i purchase an OTA, will this solve my problem? Will I need some kind of cable service to receive the OTA channels or are those free?

Go to AntennaWeb and see what is available in your area. It will help you determine if you need a cheapy antenna or something outside. What is your zip code?

here were the results I received from that site

red - vhfKTEN10NBCADA OK165°29.010*red - uhfKTEN-DT10.1NBCADAOK165°29.026blue - vhfKXII12CBSSHERMANTX185°51.812*violet - uhfKXII-DT12.1CBSSHERMANTX185°51.820violet - vhfKOCO5ABCOKLAHOMA CITYOK314°72.45violet - uhfKTUZ30TELSHAWNEEOK307°52.530violet - vhfKFOR4NBCOKLAHOMA CITY OK315°72.74
You are about 50 miles N of Sherman, TX. they broadcast on CH 20 and offer 3 digital channels 12.1 CBS/12.2 My Network/12.3 FOX. to the South they have a strong signal. Ch 10 Ada OK. broadcasts on CH26 offering 10.1 NBC/10.2 CW. there signal isn't as good as CH 12 to the south but can be locked onto.
For OK City you will need a much larger antenna and probably a rotor seeing they are coming from your west rather than South. Of course if you go with the big antenna and a amplifier you may be able to pull in some of the Dallas stations they'll be about 40 miles further South than Sherman.

Like a coverage map or something? Also, will an OTA always work to give you your local HD channels? Is the launch of the new 100 HD channels for next month going to fix it where we no longer need an OTA?
D*'s website will tell you if HD locals are offered in your area and what they are. DIRECTV - Local Channels
They currently do not offer HD locals in your area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)