Is there such a thing as a "good" 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
First unit lasted almost two years then started having trouble with playback from EHD. Replaced and have had no trouble since.

I am on my third 622. I hated to give up the first one because it was working well, but there was a barely noticeable red bar across my tv screen that would slowly creep from top to bottom when I was watching the analog HD output on the thing. When I got my new bigscreen TV I had to swap it out. The second one did the looping reboot thing, and the third one has worked very well for the last 6 months. Yes, I use OTA, and have experienced some of the same software problems as others. I am confident that they will be resolved in time.

I've had mine for 22 months. It has worked very well. Been using HDMI the entire time too.

There was one problem. When I was out of town on vacation, it overfilled the hard drive and deleted every unprotected recording. That was the only time I let the drive fill up. Outside of this, it has worked flawlessly.

I had no problem with my 622.......but I wanted the 722 for the more capacity which was a big mistake because it kept rebooting itself...so I called and got another 722....and somedays it will just keep rebooting itself and some it will work fine. I thought it was an issue with my wall connection so I switched to plug into another wall outlet and it's doing the same thing. . . nothing else in my house is rebooting so I am in the dark as to why this is happening. . but I am going to have to call again. .and hopefully they will send someone out to check what is going on.

First one worked well for over a year. Replacement was good for around a week. Another replacement is en route. Same issues: Makes noise, power light goes on and off, no output. I have started researching "D" service for Hawaii. this is ridiculous..

I'm on my 6th now since March 2006, believe it or not. In order:
1) spontaneous reboots, became worse over time
2) spontaneous reboots straight out of the box
3) HDMI kicked the bucket and after several months, got a new one
4) spontaneous reboots, became worse over time to the point where that is all it ever did
5) spontaneous reboots, straight out of the box
6) so far, so good, though the 2nd night I had it, it gave me the catastrophic disk failure message--one hard reboot and haven't had a problem since

It is in a very well-ventilated area, so that shouldn't be the problem, but when #5 showed up in the condition it did, I almost called and canceled in order to activate D*.

I have an original 622 and it's still going strong

My 622's one of the first ones off the line (what was that, '04 or '05, I can't remember). I remember signing up for it a month in advance, as we all were on pins and needles waiting for Dish to allow us to call in and reserve one, then having to wait almost 2 months to get it installed due to various supply problems.

It's still running great. There have been a few software updates that made me want to throw it out the window, but issues related to software all went away once the "updated update" rolled-out.

Things that I'm sure have contributed to the longevity of my 622:

- External cooling, it's in an almost completely sealed heavy wood cabinet, I have a laptop cooler on top of the 622 plus a large exhasut fan sucking air out of the back of the cabinet.

- This forum. There have been several issues (see software, above) that I'm sure the averge Joe would've called a tech about and been told they needed a replacement. However, come to SatGuys and see everyone else has the problem, wait for an update and it's fixed.

- Patience. We typically have at least 20 hours of programing on the HDD waiting to be watched, I'm going to be 110% sure it's broke before I loose all my shows! This has forced me to "ride out" the few issues I've have, which, have fortuneately all been resolved.

This is the 2nd August in a row I've had problems with my 622.

Last year, it started locking up. I called tech support. They scheduled a visit in a couple weeks.

While waiting, I moved it to another location, and blew air in it. It worked fine. I eventually stopped using the fan, and it continued to work in it's new location. I cancelled the appointment.

Yesterday, started acting up. I turned it on, it ignored the DVR button. I unplugged it, it came back up fine. Then, a little later, rebooted and displayed a warning about my drive, and stated that DVR functionality would be limited (didn't even pause anymore).

I found my fan, and it is working again a day later.

I suspect that the August temps (106-108), and the fact my DVR is on top of the entertainment center, causes the problem. Enough heat up there that I need to use the fan.

I sure hope it continues to work. With travel plans later this month and September, and the start of football season, I expect it will be tough to get service. Especially since it is expected that locals will be on HD here anytime now. Since they require 61.5, the installers may be busy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)