Is this a confusing program package or what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronalr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I am not complaining...just wondering if I am getting the best deal for the money. When I signed up over 2 years ago the rep said this was the way to go..that it would save me money and I would get everything . and then I added the premiums later. oh and still have not got BET HD yet.. :D I pay 105.00 month for all this

Current Programming: Classic Silver 200, GoldHD Local Channels: Baltimore, MD DMA Package Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, Showtime Unlimited, Starz!, PlatinumHD International or Ala Carte Add-ons: CCSN, MID-ATLANTIC SPORTS NETWORK (MASN), DISH Network DVR Service Fee, Classic Gold 250 BONUS PAK
Why would I add classic gold 250 as ala cart instead of the everything package? the statement is pretty confusing but I am still paying less than I was for Comcast 2 years ago and did not have all the premiums and this much HD. My service has been good and the HD picture is great. I have 2 Dish 500..pointing in different directions. I am happy with this set up and don't want to rock the boat unless I am paying too much. Just curious I guess.

Yeah... that is confusing.

I pay $86 after taxes for 250 Classic Gold + Gold HD + locals + the cinemax for a penny.

Showtime and Starz is $22 I think... so you are doing better than me, even before you add PlatinumHD.

It would cost me $118 a month after taxes to have what you have, if I am understanding what you posted.

I am not complaining...just wondering if I am getting the best deal for the money. When I signed up over 2 years ago the rep said this was the way to go..that it would save me money and I would get everything . and then I added the premiums later. oh and still have not got BET HD yet.. :D I pay 105.00 month for all this

Current Programming: Classic Silver 200, GoldHD Local Channels: Baltimore, MD DMA Package Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, Showtime Unlimited, Starz!, PlatinumHD International or Ala Carte Add-ons: CCSN, MID-ATLANTIC SPORTS NETWORK (MASN), DISH Network DVR Service Fee, Classic Gold 250 BONUS PAK
Why would I add classic gold 250 as ala cart instead of the everything package? the statement is pretty confusing but I am still paying less than I was for Comcast 2 years ago and did not have all the premiums and this much HD. My service has been good and the HD picture is great. I have 2 Dish 500..pointing in different directions. I am happy with this set up and don't want to rock the boat unless I am paying too much. Just curious I guess.

That's what I thought and that is after the increase we just had.
It sure is a confusing way to put together a package..but I got what I wanted....my 2 year commitment is up now and I thought they might change it around. When I started it also included all the Voom channels as well.

Classic Gold is billed as Classic Silver with the Gold 250 Bonus package add-on which counts as a premium. This is how it's been done for some time. It is to sub's advantage to do it this way as the Gold add-on is counted as a premium and reduces the cost of additional premiums you may add due to E*'s discounted pricing for volume premiums. From the OP's post:

Interesting. I called Dish about something similar.

I saw "4 premium package $40" on my bill so I called to inquire. I have HBO and Starz free for three months, pay for Showtime, and have Cinemax for a penny. It looked like I was being charged for Cinemax but they told me that the 4th premium is actually my HD service.

This seems nice as it reduces the price of the other premiums. Don't think I'll keep Starz as I don't watch it much and get all of Starz Play streaming through Netflix already.

They sure do like to complicate things over there at Dish why do they makes things so confusing. One more thing why are they having such a hard time with adding HD and putting channels on their proper packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)