is this a good deal or not

Status
Please reply by conversation.

babcea

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
N.Florida
I see there are some diamond 9000 hd pvr's on ebay for around 150.00 dollors,that includes shipping,do you think this is a good deal.I have read the reviews,it seems like a good unit,the only thing holding me back is it does not have blind scan and that is a major draw back for fta.I noticed in ice's quali-1080i review he said something about slaving the receiver,what will this do for another receiver,I know he was talking about the sat list but will this help in the blind scan area to.I guess I coud use another fta to blind scan and add the tp's,but I wanted to use this one with the v3000 gbox by itself.If I had to I could use the v3000 alone to move the BUD and run the c band to two fta's and blind scan with the other.That is more than i wanted to do.I just need to get this figured out before football season.:confused:

I can't comment on the deal, but let me address some of your other problems.

What sort of BUD do you have? The LNB, specifically.
Reason I ask, is because any receiver will need to control the polarity servo if it uses a polarotor.
If you have a modern voltage controlled, such as this dual-output model, then either output could select V or H with 12 or 18 volts, completely independently.

You wisely have avoided discussing Ku, and I'll assume you have that covered on a more reasonable dish, such as 36" or 1 meter variety.
Trying to do both on a BUD more than doubles the hassle factor.
Keeping them separate allows each to be optimized, imho.

I can't comment on the deal, but let me address some of your other problems.

What sort of BUD do you have? The LNB, specifically.
Reason I ask, is because any receiver will need to control the polarity servo if it uses a polarotor.
If you have a modern voltage controlled, such as this dual-output model, then either output could select V or H with 12 or 18 volts, completely independently.

You wisely have avoided discussing Ku, and I'll assume you have that covered on a more reasonable dish, such as 36" or 1 meter variety.
Trying to do both on a BUD more than doubles the hassle factor.
Keeping them separate allows each to be optimized, imho.
my bud set up is a 10ft,I am going with the dual out lnb from satav,I forget the name but it has voltage switch,I currently have a regular c band lnb with servo,but my analog receiver has no remote,I found one on ebay but it is 70.00 dollors.I like the idea of the receiver changing polarity.My ku set up is a fortec 39" with sg2100 and invacom quad(I love it)I have that going to my sv8k.The reason I want the diamond is for c band only because the sv8k seems to get tp lock very easy with c/ku hooked up,sometimes it will not blind scan,and when it does if it finds alot of channels it will exit the scan before finnishing.the sat list has all the sat's all around the world(that is of no use over here)and some of those have up to 115 tp,s in the list.Do you think that could be taking alot of memory away from scanning the other sats.I have deleted alot of thos tp's and it seems to help for awhile.I have just found out that the channel master for the sv8k,you can erase the sats out of the list you dont want.When I get back inthe states(I am in poland now visiting the in laws) I am going to try that.I just thought at that price for hd fta pvr with dvb-s2 and mpeg4 was a good price,maybe they could add blind scan with software updates,I don't know if it is possible but would be great. edit: I did not see your link before,But yea that is it

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)