Is this a joke??

What about that radio preacher, whose name is Peter Peters.

I had a friend once in the Army who was a sergeant, and his last name was Sergeant, of course he'd answer the phone with the company name, then say this is sergeant sergeant, may I help you..

haha, I was in the Navy and we had a guy who's last name was Sargent....Petty Officer Sargent. :) We always called him "Sarge" - which was funny when we were out in the bars, the Army & Marine guys were always trying to figure out why the "Navy guys" were hanging out with a Sargeant.

I had a friend once in the Army who was a sergeant, and his last name was Sergeant, of course he'd answer the phone with the company name, then say this is sergeant sergeant, may I help you.. Once he was pulling CQ (Charge of Quarters for those who don't know), and the post commander called for our CO. The post commander get's pissed thinking this guys is goofing around on the phone. Makes him come down to his office to show him his ID......

I find out about 10 years later, he became a Sergeant Major. "Sergeant Major Segeant" at your service.....

Over my military career I knew a Sergeant Major, a Major Major, a Lieutenant Colonel Major (Maj. and Lt. Col. Major were one and the same), and a Major General...and a whole bunch of major @$$holes too.:rolleyes: Anyway, Sergeant Major sure had a good time answering the phone.:)

Both of these remind me of Major Major in Catch-22.

In high school, I had an Algebra teacher named Mrs. Looney.

She did NOT appreciate it you *acceidentally* left out the "Mrs." part in conversation.

Both of these remind me of Major Major in Catch-22.

Yeah, that was a great book. I've got a few funny ones. I know a guy with the last name of Wyckoff. Just say it a few times. Then at a store I used to work at we had a customer names Mary Swallows. My mother-in-law's ear doctor is named Dr. Foote. I always thought he had missed his calling.

Edit: just thought of one more. My wife went to school with a girl named Stormy Lane.

Yawn... there has to be so many of these...

The main person around here who supplies firewood to all large buyers (nursing homes, etc.) is Mr. Wood.

With around 300 million people in this country alone, this is just random...

If you want real coincidence, look into President Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln and President Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy, and several dozen other weird connections between them...

Strange but true:

Surgeon who did hernia operation on a friend was named Dr. Carver.

In the 60's my dad had a driver working for him who decided to name his kids after the first things he saw in the hospital after the births. His wife had twins. They named the boy Vomit and the girl Coma.

One time my Aunt agreed to watch the kids while he was out delivering an order. They managed to sneak outside. She panicked when she saw they were missing and ran out the front door yelling VOMIT...COMA...VOMIT...COMA.

The neighbors had a field day with that.

I saw on Oprah or one of those shows DR. Benjamin Dover, honest. And a lady in my town named Anita Lick. How about the way Peter Fonda's name is listed in the phone book.:D

Went to High School with a kid that had the last name of Sodslinger, which always got pronounced Snot Slinger. My dentist is Dr. Panic (great dentist).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts