is this an ok receiver for basic??

I dont want to argue either Frank was giving me a load of BS or it worked.
You also mentioned above that Frank was on this forum, yet we don't see his post reporting this amazing new capability. Frankly ;) I doubt that Frank was full of it; he was just misreporting the model number and it was really a 211 he was working with. This makes perfect sense since he didn't check this on TV2 because there is no TV2 on a 211.

Hello, the awesomeness has spoken. I know of a few 222k rcvrs with dvr/ehd installed. I told the cust straight up I wasn't sure if it was going to work or not but we could try it. He had a server farm at his house and ehds in his candy bowl on the end table. I asked if he wanted to try it and he said sure. I called, told the csr that the cust wanted to activate the USB and was ready to pay the fee. She specifically asked if it was the 222 or the 211 I just activated. I told her 222 and she said not all are supported. He paid the fee and was going through the steps as I left.

For what it's worth, the 222 was connected straight to bb.

Again, there may be some confusion as to the ERD setup that is allowed by the 222/k to control a VCR (which allows you to setup control of the VCR and verify through a "test" that it will record) and the ERD setup available on the HD Solos capable of DVR. For any device where you can convert to DVR (211/211k/411) there are things that exist for setup that do not exist on the ones that cannot (such as Main Menu-My DVR). If anyone has seen it work on the 222/222k, and happens to have the software version of the receiver that supports it, that would probably help trace it. Problem is, we have access to current and past software versions and the changes made in those software updates. None direct to EHD on the HD Duos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)