Is this CSR wrong?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Leased Equipment is always replaced if failed. If you don't have DHPP then you pay a shipping charge. The lease coverage does not include remotes, accessories, etc. Accessories still have the one-year warranty, you still pay a shipping charge. Owned equipment has the aforementioned one year warranty, after that, you pay the Out-of-Warranty Exchange cost.

If you have DHPP, any Dish-branded equipment active on your account is covered for free replacement with free regular (UPS) shipping. As mentioned, the key here is "Dish branded" - anything except for their HDtvs (serviced by Thompson/RCA) are covered.

Now see, that's incorrect, as a CSR you should know that. DHPP only covers DISH direct equipment and leased retailer equipment. WildBlue, Starband and some of the new toys aren't covered under DHPP.

Duh, what did you think we were talking about? I thought it was obvious that we were talking about receivers and remotes and such. That's like someone chiming in and saying "Dumbass, Dhpp does not cover everything, what about your phone, it doesn't cover your phone!"

And I'm not a CSR I am a TSR. But thanks for telling me what I already knew and maybe should have specified more clearly so someone could not say it didn't cover everything although "everything" was already defined by topic.

Duh, what did you think we were talking about? I thought it was obvious that we were talking about receivers and remotes and such. That's like someone chiming in and saying "Dumbass, Dhpp does not cover everything, what about your phone, it doesn't cover your phone!"

And I'm not a CSR I am a TSR. But thanks for telling me what I already knew and maybe should have specified more clearly so someone could not say it didn't cover everything although "everything" was already defined by topic.

Congrats, you're a TSR. You've had three weeks more training (is sitting in a room and talking about the different builds of LNB's considered training?) than a CSR I. My point is customers read this website as well as several others, and just by sheer virtue of your working in a call center you should know better than to use grosse generalizations with customers. They will take it VERY literally. They always do. By saying DHPP covers "everything" you are very much implying it does cover the phone from your example.

Why do you think voided warranty charges are such an issue? Because at some point a rep told that customer DHPP covers "everything". They neglected to mention if you take your 311 outside, put it on a tree stump and shoot it that the warranty is void. (Valid example, a customer has done it.)

Here is the official reply back from E*:

Thank you for your e-mail. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and confusion caused by this issue. Your installation includes a 90 day warranty and 1 year warranty on your equipment. We also offer a great reliable warranty on your account which is called DHPP ( Dish Home Protection Plan) Below is a list of the benefits and coverage of DHPP:

· $29.00 Service Call (Normally priced at $49. Each time a customer has a Service Call there is a 90 day warranty)

· $0 Out of warranty charge for most of your DishNetwork equipment
· $0 Shipping and handling on replacement equipment

DHPP covers:

· Receivers, remotes, LNBFs, switches (with "DISH Network" brand)
· Most failures except customer damage
· Surge damage
· Power surge damage to DISH Network video cabling

DHPP does not cover:

· Acts of Nature
· Infestation
· Cosmetic damage
· Any customer damage
· Components that do not carry the DISH Network brand
· Non-mechanical components
· Software
· Additional items which may have been supplied by the dealer or installer
· StarBand equipment, equipment unique to StarBand
· HD Televisions
· PocketDISH

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

What I don't get is the $29 fee for a damn service call.

How is it my fault that within the year warranty my receiver decided to keel over? I think the service call should be at no cost just like with cable or D* when it comes to a leased receiver.

I look at it this way: I'm forced to pay $29 to have a guy come out to my house when it's an inconvenience to me to take off of work, because a receiver I do not own that belongs to DISH stopped working.

If I owned the equipment I would be more than glad to pay to have someone come out to fix it.

What I don't get is the $29 fee for a damn service call.

How is it my fault that within the year warranty my receiver decided to keel over? I think the service call should be at no cost just like with cable or D* when it comes to a leased receiver.

I look at it this way: I'm forced to pay $29 to have a guy come out to my house when it's an inconvenience to me to take off of work, because a receiver I do not own that belongs to DISH stopped working.

If I owned the equipment I would be more than glad to pay to have someone come out to fix it.

If you lease a car, you will get to spend all the time waiting in the service repair shop and then you will get to pay for the repairs that are outside the base warranty.

Leasing has its drawbacks....

It's the reason some people call it "fleecing". :)

Brad

With cable, they replace it for free, and they pay 10-15 dollars more a month to do so. It shocks me that people would be willing to pay that much more a month just to know their little baby receiver, that isn't theres and by god they wont pay a penny to fix it, is free to replace. Honestly, what dumbasses. No matter how many times I explain to a customer that they are not paying the same hidden fees as cable to have receivers replaced, they don't care... they want it for free. It's annoying to say the least.

Digital cable box and remote rental on TWC-NC is $7.95 per month. Dish charges
$5.00 for first box. TWC does not charge any 2nd or 3rd additional receiver fees,
just $7.95 per box lease. No warranty fees. No service fees. I have both services and prefer Dish guides and other features, but Dish is losing this area of competition in NC.

Correction: DHPP covers all equipment, leased or purchased, its not a matter of some cases, its all cases. Dishinitup, though leased, is a 12 month warranty. Even under warranty, without dhpp, there are shipping costs.

Are you saying that DHPP is for leased equip. ? I sent back a 510 and paid nothing for shipping w/DHPP. If I don't keep DHPP will I only incurr shipping costs in a lease contract? My main concern was the $99 service call fee.

Are you saying that DHPP is for leased equip. ? I sent back a 510 and paid nothing for shipping w/DHPP. If I don't keep DHPP will I only incurr shipping costs in a lease contract? My main concern was the $99 service call fee.

This is dependant on your promotion. If it's a lease upgrade (Dish N' It Up) but otherwise you're not under contract (i.e. you bought your equipment to begin with or completed a previous commitment) yes, you would incur a shipping fee. DHPP is generally intended for those who have no warranty coverage, or only partial coverage such as older DHA accounts. Remember that the "coverage" for DHA, only lasts as long as the commitment (actually that's semi-true, for DHA18 it's only 12 months, it used to be true when DHA and DHA18 were seperate promos) and even then it's pretty limited.

DHP is generally warranty for life, with some exceptions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)