Two TV2's?

s8ist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
I'd like to add another television to my house, and assuming the coax outputs I have in my other room are part of the same 'circuit' is it possible to have it play the same content off of TV2? Is it just a matter of going to the right channel, or do I need a small piece of hardware that will descramble the signal?
Also, would it be possible to get another RF TV2 remote for that room?

Yes you can run the TV2 output to more than one room off of a splitter. If however the cable runs get too long, you may have to add a dist. Amp. I would try it first though with just the spiltter. I have none these numerous times with no prob., just carry the rf remote to what ever room you will be in. Just make sure the TV's are on the same channel as the one you are now feeding off
of TV2. Yes you can get another RF remote also so you don't have to carry the one remote around just contact Claude at Dishstore.net.

Just use an ordinary splitter to split the feed to the two sets, tune both to the same channel. You can order another tv2 remote from dish or online.

You can also take the remote from room to room instead of purchasing one for every room you want to split it off to.

But why stop there? You probably can feed both TV1 and TV2 throughout the house. Then the two distant rooms can watch separate programming, in which case you would want a TV1 UHF/UHF PRO remote (depending on receiver).

Will the remotes to these things reach through walls? As in would it work from one room to a room 3 rooms away? I don't think my 211, 501, or 721 remotes would reach this far but I don't know and don't know about the 2 tuner receivers either.

If you cannot get it to reach that far then connect the UHF antenna input on the receiver to the splitter. The rooms that you do cannot turn the channels in connect a splitter to it and put a UHF antenna on that end or put a wire on the other end that is cut off and stripped back instead. There is also a technic in another thread that shows how to extend the range on the UHF remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts