Is this even legal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't see how it could be even remotely legal. It should be obvious that every company using those cards has a strict policy of "one card for one receiver".

The pay services in the US and Canada can enforce that by marrying the card to the box. I guess with FTA receivers it's not quite possible to do that.

These are big over in Europe and there are even wireless systems. May not be legal here, but in Europe who knows.

Last edited:
Some of the providers charge the entire price per receiver, no $5 mirroring there. The FTA boxes don't have a phone connection so no "phone home" feature to prevent stacking. So I can see why these would be in demand.

masterdeals said:
Either way it looks like a very expensive way to reduce a $5/mo extra charge per receiver.:rolleyes:

Well, $300 for the 4 slave model, so that would be 4x$5 or $20 a month. Of course, something like that would never work legally with any of the major North American DBS providers. I'm not sure about Asia or Europe.

Globecast uses Nagravision so that box wouldnt work but I know Globecast charges full price per box (no $5 extra receiver fee)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I see Globecast may be switching over to an IPTV platform. That could make things interesting.

Scott, is that confiremed or speculation? A lot of people still lack broadband connection.

Also, IPTV requires high bandwidth if you have more than one TV.

From todays SkyRetailer.COM - As far as I am hearing this is a beta project and if it works here they will expand it.

GlobeCast's New IPTV Offering

GlobeCast, a global content management and delivery company, was chosen by France Telecom's IPTV arm MaLigne TV for technical management of the operator's newest IPTV bouquet, Le Bouquet TV, beginning with its launch on Feb. 1.
>From its technical operations center in central Paris, GlobeCast will manage Le Bouquet TV, offering 30 channels. GlobeCast's solution for France Telecom includes satellite downlink of the channels, MPEG-4 encoding, multiplexing, IP encapsulation and 24x7 supervision. GlobeCast will also create two mosaic index screens to provide viewers with an overview of all channels simultaneously.
The finished bouquet will be distributed by MaLigne TV to its subscribers via France Telecom's broadband internet network.
The MaLigne TV service, which delivers television content over the subscriber's broadband internet connection directly to the TV set, also offers premium bouquets through TPS and Canal+ Group, as well as Video-on-Demand. GlobeCast, a France Telecom subsidiary, has been working on projects with MaLigne TV since the service launched in 2003. Most recently, GlobeCast collaborated with the IPTV provider to aggregate and manage an interactive TV bouquet during the French Tennis Open in the Spring of 2005.

for the GloSat card splitter ( www.glosat.com ) , its used to share one original card with many receivers in the same time, and its popular in Europe, Africa , Asia and Australia because the card splitter support the pobular system their Irdeto2 , Viaccess2 , Seca2 ( Mediaguard2 ) Conax and Cryptoworks and must of this systems is not working in USA and Canada ( as I know because im from Asia ) and its for sattalite provider ( not for cable ) because the cable is pobular in USA and pobular here is the sattalite and its easy to used 1 smart card with 100 receivers or more without any problem.
about the prices of the card splitter is high but saving from the first 2 month because of the providers charge 50 USD must of the time for each month for every smart card or box , so, if you had 4 boxs , you will pay 200 USD monthly , so, you will save 150 USD every month and 1800 USD every year, so, the 300 USD is not that much when you save 150 USD every month, this is for CS4 and for the CS16 with 16 slaves and 700 USD, you will save 750 USD monthly and 9000 USD every year.

Cardsp8f.jpg

1431046378.jpg

carden1.JPG

HACK is when you modified a unit or something to intercept satellite signal for your own use or pass it to someone for use without paying the programming.

This is a stand along unit so it is not hack machine. At the sametime, when a dealer splitted 4 or more receivers from one account, do DTV or Dish do anyhting on this ?? Maybe they think this is elgal too.

Wow... in that case hacking is quite the widespread thing! :)

I saw some more of these around recently. I mostly just sell FTA equipment, but these things are getting popular. Btw, hi there, I'm new around here!

sksatellite said:
HACK is when you modified a unit or something to intercept satellite signal for your own use or pass it to someone for use without paying the programming.

This is a stand along unit so it is not hack machine. At the sametime, when a dealer splitted 4 or more receivers from one account, do DTV or Dish do anyhting on this ?? Maybe they think this is elgal too.

Hi Sing,

You know D* & E* do not like this Equipment, and they do consider it illegal... LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)