is this lnb dead? or what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DapOrp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
I just got my DVB PCi card and I have a primestar dish with one of the old school original lnb's with the two outputs (for H & V) and i've been trying to aim this thing all day long and it's just not working out. All my DVB programs show that there is alot of signal that's coming in, but no quality. The thing that confuses me, is that the signal remains over 60% and if I disconnect the LNB from the cable, it still says there's signal at like 14%. Is this normal? I've been going nuts trying to lock onto G10R with no luck at all.

If anyone can offer any advice, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks!

I may have a rare case, but I was getting all kinds of signal, but never got any quality. It turns out my card was bad.

Do you have a receiver to check it with or is the card your only receiver?

PS
I still got signal even with nothing attached.

Well, the only other receiver I have is a dishnetwork 3900. When I had my dish500 dish up and pointed at an echostar, i hooked the feed up to my card and it would identify it as echostar and say there was quality present.

So it did work for that. :\

Upon further inspection of the primestar LNB, i found that water had indeed traveled down through the horn and got into the LNB and it did cause some corossion build up inside it. :( So, it's probably safe to say that this thing is toast right?

Right now I still have the primestar dish mounted and I taped a dish500 LNBF on top of the Primestar LNB and pointed it at the dish, and sure enough, I can still hit echostar 119 with it.

So now my question is, is it safe to assume the LNB is dead?

And is it normal to be able to lock onto something like Echostar 7 easier than hitting Galaxy G10R ?

I'm really frustrated at this point, I really wanted to hit G10R by this weekend. :(

If anyone has any other advice or suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks!

DapOrp said:
And is it normal to be able to lock onto something like Echostar 7 easier than hitting Galaxy G10R ?
All of the echostar birds are stronger than g10, so it is a lot easier to lock onto them.

you might be on Echo 9 (121W), which is linear (Primestar LNB would pick that up)
Echo 7 is circular LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts