Is this normal after firmware upgrade?

eastof111

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Last night upgrade to 221.

Today, Joey used all day with no problem. Wife got home and turned on the Hopper and watched tv for about an hour. Joey was still being used.

Joey then shut off by itself. I turned it back on and got error 1303 - Looking for a Hopper Master Bedroom to link to. Did this a few more times and Joey would still not revive. Press the guide button and got error 024 - unable to access this feature.

Did this a few times with Joey not being able to communicate with Hopper.

Hit reset on Hopper. hen the same on Joey. Still no connection.

Do I have a dead Joey?

I don't know if this helps you but my Joey 1 did the same thing after the update to 221. I have had occassions where it would act dead, 1303 and 024 error codes but a hopper red button reset always made things right. After trying this several times, resetting the router and getting more frustrated I noiticed that the Joey 2 that was working was connected via MOCA and the Joey 1 that was dead which is located near the router was connected via ethernet. I disconnected the ethernet cable and it connected via MOCA and all has been good since. Maybe with S 221 you can't have mixed connections, don't know, it worked fine that way with earlier software versions going back to S 209. Hope all works out for you.

Tried disconnecting the RJ45 and still no go after an hour of being disconnected and off.

Have tech coming out again today, will see what happens.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)