is this ok for newbie??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
eh, it looks OK

one drawback is the box doesn't have blind scan (which is almost a necessity for the true FTA'er) :)
Just my opinion

Found something that might be better. The Traxis 3500 has blind scan and the dish is a better dish than the Hotdish (I had one and in really strog winds the dish would "flex")

Here is what I am talking about. And it includes shipping (and the person just happens to post here sometimes) :)

Can vouch for what was said above! I ordered on a Monday morning and had my order by Wed morning! FAST!

Welcome to the FTA world by the way! :)

Looking at the link.... it looke to have a "back up" feature - sounds interesting! Looks to have some nice features. It does say it blind "searches" :) I assume that is the same as scan?

Gary Z said:
Ice, I believe the Traxis 4550 does have blind scan, at least it says it does on the link the OP gave.
I stand corrected. The 4550 does have blind scan, the 4500 does not :)

ok..here is my next question..i want to mount the dish on my deck post...this is how i have my AT-9 dish mounted....can I mount on a post and have the motor??

The traxis 3500 was my first receiver and I still use it. The blind scan is real fast and its very easy to use. The extreme II lnb in that package is a good lnb as well. I am using the same motor with a 85 cm dish with no problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts