Is this possible

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
If this was brought up before sorry I did a search and didn't find anything. Since RTN is so hard to get is it possible to aim two dish's at it. I have an extra Primestar dish and was wondering if you aimed two dish's at it would that work. I know you need to switch LNB's with a switch but I'm sure somewhere out there is a switch that would combine the two. If each dish gets 40 percent would two double it or would you still just get 40 percent with the two.

If this was brought up before sorry I did a search and didn't find anything. Since RTN is so hard to get is it possible to aim two dish's at it. I have an extra Primestar dish and was wondering if you aimed two dish's at it would that work. I know you need to switch LNB's with a switch but I'm sure somewhere out there is a switch that would combine the two. If each dish gets 40 percent would two double it or would you still just get 40 percent with the two.
There is no practical way for a satellite hobbyist to combine signals from 2 or more dishes. The thing to do is just use a bigger dish...

Thanks for the reply I figured it wouldn't be cost effective but I was just curious if it would work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)