Status
Please reply by conversation.
Um, the link does not work.

Removed LOL

It looks like it is a genuine Stab motor, i recognize the Stab logo
I doubt it very much that someone would go to the extent of
counterfiting that logo.
Tede

I've had mine for about 4 years. Bought it used from a local dealer. So far it has had two problems:
-preload bearing nut came loose (60mph winds and a 1.2m dish)
-one of the ears that the altitude/longitude adjustment bolts screw into broke off (bad storm, who knows how strong the wind was, same dish).

The first problem was easily rectified by tightening the preload lock nut. The motor had to be taken apart to do this. I replaced the gooey grease with some lubriplate for better cold weather operation. The second issue hasn't been resolved; I am planning to take it to a machinist who thinks he can re-attach (weld) the broken part. Otherwise the motor works just fine like it was new. It spent almost 3 years up on the roof of a building holding the 1.2m fortec star dish. When the ear broke I replaced the motor with an SG9120B that failed after about 6 months (electronics problem I think is fixed now).

If mounted on the ground out of the direct wind I suspect it would be operating as new without ever having to repair it. I doubt if any other motors are as tough as this one is, in my opinion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)