Is this the HDTV 40inch model in the promo?

joth386

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
I was browsing around looking at tv prices and came across this on the wal-mart site.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...530&type=19&dept=3944&path=0:3944:3996:107530

I talked to a csr who told me that the tv was made by dish after failing to strike a deal with RCA or JVC. He also said that as a dish branded product it would fall under the standard dish warranty. He would only give me the $199 deal on the 811 unless i shipped them one of my 510's back. Then it would be $149. So I give up a unit I paid $99 for in order to get a $50 break. I would be so screwed if i did not have this forum to research things in before I call those well trained and briefed csr's at dish.

The 811 should only be 149 and you could prob get it for $100 when they become avail again.
Um, Dish doesn;t make Tv's (or receivers for that matter). The TV is made by RCA and I would advise against buying any RCA Tv's.

mboy said:
The 811 should only be 149 and you could prob get it for $100 when they become avail again.
Um, Dish doesn;t make Tv's (or receivers for that matter). The TV is made by RCA and I would advise against buying any RCA Tv's.

Why would you tell us not to get the RCA ? Stop being a Troll

How are you liking the RCA. It looks really cool. I have 3 rca tv's now and they all have what I consider excellent picture and sound. I know that I probaly am not as exacting as others but they work great for me. I want to get a 811 but I think I am going to wait untill they become more commonplace.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I hear that with proper calibration the 34 inch in a good HDTV and is a bargin for $999.

Then I may hold on to mine untill Greg comes to Alabama in 2 months.

If he is coming to your neck of the woods, then you would want to get it now so that the set has a chance to settle and burn in a bit before Gregg does his magic work, or else your going to find a few months down the road that the picture that looked great at one time dosent look so good anymore.

ROLLTIDE said:
Why would you tell us not to get the RCA ? Stop being a Troll

Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black Mr. CLub dish?

Anyway, I recently replaced 2 RCA tv's in the past 3 months that were UTTER crap. Over the past 2 years, there have been waaaay too many posts on various forums about the quality control ( or lack thereof) on RCA branded televisions. Not to mention the class action lawsuits they have had on various models over the past few years (of which I qualified to partake in, but their resolution was a $50 gift cert. off any RCA branded electronic device).
I have a mid 90's Dolby Prologic receiver that never ever gave me any trouble, but I would be hrad pressed to say anything positive about their TV's.

Why are you calling me Mr Club Dish ?

That's not trolling. Trolling is slaming a product without facts to back it up and trying to get people fired up . I'm glad that you came back and posted that . I have a little bit more respect for you now . Mr Club Dish

How can you go wrong with a $800 HD tv set 16.9 ?

Josh, I've been in the business since 1987, and the Scenium is the best RPTV value i've seen. My pocketbook dictated this model over the DLP and the 151s aren't out yet. It's also the first RCA i've owned. As with all large TVs, i purchased extended service and plugged it into a surge protecter

Well the problem with Dish 34 inch Rca is they only have 1 year warranty .

Should I take the risk and keep this tv ?

About 100 hours is good, however the longer you have the set the better. I know some people who say wait 6 months before having your set done.

Scott what about the warranty ? Are there outside companys that will insure the tv ?

At least with CC and Sears they will come to your house and fix it .

ROLLTIDE said:
Why are you calling me Mr Club Dish ?

That's not trolling. Trolling is slaming a product without facts to back it up and trying to get people fired up . I'm glad that you came back and posted that . I have a little bit more respect for you now . Mr Club Dish

How can you go wrong with a $800 HD tv set 16.9 ?

You haven't trolled for anyone to pimp your club dish cards too?

Anyway, I didn't slam anything (until my 2nd post). If you read my original post, it said " I advise against buying any RCA tv". You call that slamming?
ANyway, I stand by it and still wouldn't advise anyone to buy an RCA TV. Based on my experience, many other's experience and a few class action lawsuits!

The Club Dish card was a joke. I even said in one of my post that if you act now I will throw in an autographed pic of Scott G.

Please go and look up what Troll means in the dictionary and when your done there look up the word personality. Then PM if you want to discuss this some more .

Thanks and have a great day . Mr Club Dish Pimp Guy

So Rolltide, I guess you don't have to defend RCA anymore since you are sending yours back for quality issues right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)