Is this the same ehd ???

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
Looking to get wd my book av 2tb ehd

http://store.westerndigital.com/sto...d.13092300/catid.59262300/categoryID.59262600

Came across this for 109.99...it does not say av though on the description...is this the same thing ???

ForumRunner_20140327_155511.png

Edit...Thanks Rickdee...fixed link

Last edited:
You'd be just as well off with a regular WD Elements EHD. Nothing notable about that one other than a higher price.

So I'm guessing that the av and elements name in the title has little impact on which ehd is chosen ???

If it's no biggie I wouldn't mind saving 20 bucks...but I don't mind spending the extra $20 if it's worth it...I just want to move movies from my hoppers to the ehd

If it's no biggie I wouldn't mind saving 20 bucks...but I don't mind spending the extra $20 if it's worth it...
It's not.

The USB connection is the limiting factor. Pretty much any drive will outpace the connection. If it's not for a 211, the EHD isn't stressed at all. It sits idle 95% of the time, and when not idle, its usually just a single, continuous read or write operation.

Wd Elements makes a fine ehd for Dish receivers,so does the WD my book.

One last question

can I transfer from one hopper to the ehd and then go upstairs and plug in the ehd and transfer movies from the 2nd hopper

And be able to see the movies from both hoppers ???

Hopper1 can not see the EHD connected to Hopper2. The EHD can physically be moved from Hopper to Hopper, but is only viewable from the Hopper it is connected to and the Joeys linked to that Hopper.

Hopper1 can not see the EHD connected to Hopper2. The EHD can physically be moved from Hopper to Hopper, but is only viewable from the Hopper it is connected to and the Joeys linked to that Hopper.

Ok i get the but if I transfer a movie from hopper 2 to the ehd and then plug it back into hopper 1 will I be able to see that movie that is on the ehd now and not hopper 2 ???

Sorry for all the questions...I appreciate all the answers

While the dvr is recording shows...right now ptat is recording and 2 more shows so all 3 tuners are being used...

Can you transfer movies that all ready recorded to the ehd ???

Is this a bug...

When I scroll down my dvr events to check what needs to be transfered...it stops a third of the way down and I can't see all my recordings

Any reason for this ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)