is this the stupidest company ever, or am I the stupid one trying to sign up with them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrpither

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
antelope valley, ca
I signed up over the phone on 1/9. As of today, directv has called me 4-5 times now to schedule an installation, only to tell me that they can't schedule an installation for me. If they can't schedule, why are they bothering to call me? And why do they charge me immediately for equipment that they can't even schedule an installation for?

I am a patient person, but this is beyond ridiculous. How stupid are these people? I'm starting to think that I am making a huge mistake getting involved with directv.

Is this typical for this company??? I have dish at the moment, and so far am flabbergasted that directv has managed to stay in business at all.

mrpither said:
I signed up over the phone on 1/9. As of today, directv has called me 4-5 times now to schedule an installation, only to tell me that they can't schedule an installation for me. If they can't schedule, why are they bothering to call me? And why do they charge me immediately for equipment that they can't even schedule an installation for?

I am a patient person, but this is beyond ridiculous. How stupid are these people? I'm starting to think that I am making a huge mistake getting involved with directv.

Is this typical for this company??? I have dish at the moment, and so far am flabbergasted that directv has managed to stay in business at all.

Any kind of special equipment you're requesting?

...the power of SatelliteGuys strikes again...

they just now called and schedule me for next Sat. First of many calls I have received from them that appears to have produced a result. This has been such a cluster that now I am having second thoughts. My order includes an HMC and a DTivo, both new pieces of eqpt that it seems may require further support. DTV doesn't seem like a very reliable company based on my personal experience so far...

you do realize that the HMC & DCrapo (sorry but Tivo is a evil word in my mind) wont work together with MRV?

The reason they may have been delayed is the HMC is a new product not available yet in some markets

yep - HMC for main tv, vanilla HD receiver for 2nd tv (whole home dvr to the hmc), and DTivo is for mother-in-law who misses her Tivo long time. When I placed the order, they gave no indication that there would be any delay associated with any hardware. LA area (which I am on the edge of and am counted as part of) is one of the initial markets for the HMC I read.

mrpither said:
yep - HMC for main tv, vanilla HD receiver for 2nd tv (whole home dvr to the hmc), and DTivo is for mother-in-law who misses her Tivo long time. When I placed the order, they gave no indication that there would be any delay associated with any hardware. LA area (which I am on the edge of and am counted as part of) is one of the initial markets for the HMC I read.

Yeah but TiVo is also a very limited item as well. You just happened to request the 2 newest and limited things Directv has to offer now! :D I'm assuming that's where the delay came from

It seems to me that you were getting very good service if they kept calling to say they couldnt do it yet. That is a hell of alot better then not getting any calls and just wondering.

Tomato / potahto. I thought this was a big company with the resources to deliver good service in a timely manner.

ring - ok sir, we're going to schedule your installation for you now. pause. we can't schedule your installation. we'll call you back.

now do that 3-4 more times and see how smart they sound / how happy you are about it.

Tomato / potahto. I thought this was a big company with the resources to deliver good service in a timely manner.

ring - ok sir, we're going to schedule your installation for you now. pause. we can't schedule your installation. we'll call you back.

now do that 3-4 more times and see how smart they sound / how happy you are about it.

It seems to me that you were getting very good service if they kept calling to say they couldnt do it yet. That is a hell of alot better then not getting any calls and just wondering.

I gotta go with Jerry's version, much better than them calling and saying they have you scheduled for X day and never show.

... and this is precisely why I stay with what I've got ...

I don't need any more hassles than I already have.

:behindsofa:

Curious, being in Detroit, what two DMA's are you picking up with your antenna ?

Getting more than one should be pretty easy.
I get 34 listed, but have taken about 6 out that I know I won't watch, I think when I set it up I was at 41 OTA stations.

checking online at a retailer (solidsignal) under the DCrapo they show availability as "two weeks" so that might be the piece of equipment that D* is waiting on

mrpither said:
then they should say that and not just put off the install again and again without saying why. that doesn't seem so unreasonable....

Did you ever ask why? Or did you say, "ok" and hang up the phone?

checking online at a retailer (solidsignal) under the DCrapo they show availability as "two weeks" so that might be the piece of equipment that D* is waiting on

then they should say that and not just put off the install again and again without saying why. that doesn't seem so unreasonable....

That said, D* doesn't get it from SS, it's the other way around.

I forget, whose the manufacturer for the current HR34 ?

Never had a problem with D* service. I always deal directly with them and not some contractor or privately owned store. And the techs in my area are real good guys, always go that little extra to make your system awesome. Only had one thing happen where when I moved into a new place the tech took my swm system components and hooked me up the old way. Then when I called to get whole home turned on they couldnt figure out why it wouldnt work till we realized they had taken away the swm setup. So they came out the very next day and hooked me up with a complete swm system for no charge. Even swapped out my equipment for the newer HR24 H24 and a newer plain vanilla reciever. Ive always been very pleased with their programming and service. E* wanted me to pay them 1500 before they would even talk about what system to put in, thats rediculous.

Curious, being in Detroit, what two DMA's are you picking up with your antenna ?

Getting more than one should be pretty easy.
I get 34 listed, but have taken about 6 out that I know I won't watch, I think when I set it up I was at 41 OTA stations.

Depends how strong his antenna is. My guess is that he's getting at least CBET from Windsor, maybe more from there. Toledo is only 50 miles south of Detroit (give or take if you're in a suburb), Flint is 65 miles north (again give or take), and Lansing is 90 miles west or less (again depending on where he is.)

did ask why each time. usual answer was because the calendar would not let them. some seemed amazed that they were unable to schedule a date, and were unable to give any answer as to why. on more than one occasion I was told the issue was being elevated and I would get a call back shortly. Never got one back shortly, unless 2-3 days later = shortly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts