Is This Too Much Sat to Receiver Distance?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Currently have a Dish 500 for 110 and 119 and another one for 61.5. To get Indy locals on 129, I would have to move the 61.5 dish off the house and into the back yard. As of now cable run from sat to reciever furthest away is about 110'. To go into yard, I would be adding another 110' (from relocated sat to existing sat for 110/119. So about 220' from 129 sat to receiver. Is this in tolerance distance wise?

little long but should still be ok. If you are using barrels to connect cable you will lose some signal strength i would guess. Should try to run a full cable.

little long but should still be ok. If you are using barrels to connect cable you will lose some signal strength i would guess. Should try to run a full cable.
Sat to Sat LNBs to receiver. No barrels.

Currently have a Dish 500 for 110 and 119 and another one for 61.5. To get Indy locals on 129, I would have to move the 61.5 dish off the house and into the back yard. As of now cable run from sat to reciever furthest away is about 110'. To go into yard, I would be adding another 110' (from relocated sat to existing sat for 110/119. So about 220' from 129 sat to receiver. Is this in tolerance distance wise?

Should be OK. Make sure you use RG6 and no barrels to connect but 220 ft should be fine. The max is 200 ft for DP but with good cable you should be OK.

Yeah you should be fine with a straight run, I have seen longer work with DP.

Yeah you should be fine with a straight run, I have seen longer work with DP.

Now I just want to make sure you all understand. 110' from relocated Wing Dish to the other 110/119 dish. Then 110 from it to the farthest receiver. We still OK??

Hmmm good question I have seen some long runs from a switch, but I have never ..........wait yes I have I ran a long run from 61.5 dish to a DPP twin for HD, for a guy that could not get 129, and where the dish was 61.5 was blocked. Yes you should be ok.

Hmmm good question I have seen some long runs from a switch, but I have never ..........wait yes I have I ran a long run from 61.5 dish to a DPP twin for HD, for a guy that could not get 129, and where the dish was 61.5 was blocked. Yes you should be ok.
Thank you!!!!!

max distance from dpptwin in port to wing dish is 80 feet. that is official number, 110 feet would probably still work, if not, rg11 is your friend

max distance from dpptwin in port to wing dish is 80 feet. that is official number, 110 feet would probably still work, if not, rg11 is your friend

That's correct. From the Dish Network site:

The third orbital location dish
must be within 80 feet of the
DP Plus Twin, and within 200
feet of the receiver (150 feet
for Legacy receivers).

220 ft with Dish Pro will work. You're signal will drop about 40% from the LNB to the receiver, but work it will.

If all fails, RG11 is where it's happening. Make friends with a local cable guy and get a couple 100 ft. =)

Turns out I did not need relocate wing. All that was needed to to move the mast
about 20' over the garage and now have a 1000.2. Never accept never from an installer.

Now I just want to make sure you all understand. 110' from relocated Wing Dish to the other 110/119 dish. Then 110 from it to the farthest receiver. We still OK??
MAx distance is 200 feet. But I have seen longer. Solid copper cable does a better job. It's more expensive but you'll get better results.
You should be ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)