Is Transfer from EHD issue fixed?

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I know the Hopper had issues with recordings transferred from an EHD back to the Hopper not working. Has this issue been fixed?

I have a bunch of recordings on an EHD and I want to put them back on the Hopper. These recordings were originally done on my old 722. I tried transferring a few recordings and they seemed to work. Before I transfer everything else, I was just wondering if there has been official confirmation that this issue is resolved.

From what I've heard there's no guarantee that it's fixed. I have done it a few times, so far so good, I just wouldn't go wild, just in case, unless you can re-record whatever may mess up.

Why worry about transferring when they play so easily from the EHD?

I know the Hopper had issues with recordings transferred from an EHD back to the Hopper not working. Has this issue been fixed?

I have a bunch of recordings on an EHD and I want to put them back on the Hopper. These recordings were originally done on my old 722. I tried transferring a few recordings and they seemed to work. Before I transfer everything else, I was just wondering if there has been official confirmation that this issue is resolved.

If you have two Hoppers the external drive is only viewable from the drive it is connect to. So transferring to the hopper is easier that moving the hard drive. I have transferred about two dozen movies back and forth without any issues that I have seen (all over the last two months). I'd proceed with caution, but seems to be OK. I wish external drive sharing would be in a future update.

Why worry about transferring when they play so easily from the EHD?

If you have two Hoppers the external drive is only viewable from the drive it is connect to. So transferring to the hopper is easier that moving the hard drive. I have transferred about two dozen movies back and forth without any issues that I have seen (all over the last two months). I'd proceed with caution, but seems to be OK. I wish external drive sharing would be in a future update.
That's why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts