Is VOOM Desperate for subscribers??? (1 Viewer)

johnv1970

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 16, 2004
Trying to help a guy out in the forum using a check card seems like when i talk to CSR's they don't care how you pay now ???
Posted this to get other opinions

johnv1970

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 16, 2004
The guy got his service disconnected because he was using a check card and the CSR told me that as long as they get there payment they don't care cause they insisted on him to give them a Credit Card and 2 CSR"s in a row told me different one even talked to a supervisor sounds like a reversal of their previous policy not to use them just seemed like they were desprate to keep you a subscriber

Ken F

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 8, 2004
john,

If you use a check card, and the VOOM charge is rejected, then it's completely reasonable for them to cancel service. VOOM will not know whether a check card is a valid credit card unless there is some problem with payment. If there is a problem with payment, they are going to cancel service. It's as simple as that.

rexoverbey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 8, 2004
I don't see why a check card would be bad. You can just as easy not pay your credit card bill or go over your limit. I think they should just send a bill like directv and my cable company did. I don't care for the "we will take it out once a month" deal. You can't even look at your bill before you pay.

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
My advise for everyone is that if you call VOOM and the CSR doesn't give you the service you want, just hang-up and call back again so that you can get through a different CSR. A couples of weeks ago I called to order the PPV fight. The 1st CSR simply say that VOOM doesn't have PPV. I told her that it was advertised on the web site, she put me on-hold for 3 minutes to check and came back with the same answer: no PPV.
I called back 5 minutes later, got through a different CSR, ask for the PPV fight and no problem.

Botton line: apparently, not all CSR's are up-to-date with all the info.

Muncey

Apr 27, 2004
i just went through this yesterday with voom. when i signed up in march i told them i had a check card and they said it's ok, after about a month i received a bill in the mail and called them to find out why my automatic payment wasn't done and they "updated" their info for me. i was just billed $210.83 twice on my check card. i called voom and was told yes they did bill me twice and will submit the paperwork for a refund. i asked how long this will take and they said a couple of weeks. they said it was because i used a check card. i asked if this was going to happen again next month and they said probably because of the check card. i told them i was going to call my bank and dispute the charge, by this time i had a "Manager" on the phone and she basically asked me if i wanted to schedule a uninstall. i used a check card with directv for several years without a problem. i also had a install problem where they only brought out one box for my two box install. then the quality issues, program guide issues, dvi is washed out on my system. i really hope they get it together or i'm gone. monsterHD is all thats keeping me for now.
it's really is a pity because voom looked so good before i got it.
muncey

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Muncey,

welcome. The information you got about being charged twice because you got a check card I do not think is accurate. I use a credit card and got billed twice also. It is more like a problem with their billing system.

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2004
Why do you feel the need to tell them it's a Check Card? I just tell people it's a Visa and forget about it. There's no way for them to know the difference. I use my Check Card with Dish Network currentlly and Verizon Wireless and I have no issues with it so far.

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
HeavyC said:
Why do you feel the need to tell them it's a Check Card? I just tell people it's a Visa and forget about it. There's no way for them to know the difference. I use my Check Card with Dish Network currentlly and Verizon Wireless and I have no issues with it so far.
Agree. The whole point of having a hybrid check/credit card is being able to trasparently use it either way.

Muncey

Apr 27, 2004
i had the option to mail a check every month but thats a pain. i don't want a recurring monthly charge on my credit card. i use the check card anywhere they take visa just fine. anyhow after i told the voom manager i was calling my bank to dispute the charge, magically today the charge is off the account. i thought it took two weeks.
well atleast thats fixed now.
muncey

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)