Is WinXP done after January 2008?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
what he probably meant was microsoft will stop working on any updates for xp... probably something around those lines

Big new report out on this subject found office productivity is up to 50% less with Vista over XP.

Vista should stay at home till speed improvements are made.

Matt

XP is gonna be around a very long time!

Big new report out on this subject found office productivity is up to 50% less with Vista over XP.

Vista should stay at home till speed improvements are made.

Matt

XP is gonna be around a very long time!

XP will not be around that long! SP3 is the last Service Pack for XP which is due out in Feb along with SP1 for Vista. There is really nothing wrong with Vista as long as your not trying to run it on a Dinosaur PC. XP my guess is will be supported until at least 09 but if folks want to wait to get on Vista I would wait until after the SP1 is released for it which will be sometime next year. Overall I ran Vista for several months now and have very little issues most issues I see and hear are folks trying to run in on 3-4 year old machines. You might be able to run it on machines that old but will not run the same as if your running it on latest hardware just like any other software program. The better your machine is the better the results are in most cases.

The one thing that makes me take these reports with a barrel of soil is its predictability.

We heard exactly the same re: Win2K vs. WinXP. "Win2K doesn't need activation!" was the main argument.
"Does the same and has lower hardware requirements", "Don't need eye candy", "Is much more stable" - were others.
And the same was Win98 vs. Win2K. And all Office versions.

This is the way Microsoft updates are "welcomed". And I don't think it will be much different this time...

Diogen.

We never installed Vista on old machines. We got it on some new machines only. Still have problems. And the powers that be will not allow me to lock down the laptops, or forbid email access off personal machines.

Speaking as someone who still uses XP with the "classic" folder views, I hate change. I hear that the new ribbon is universally hated as it throws most of our familiarity out the window, but supposedly you can change it back to a more familiar feel if you change a setting somewhere.

I hate change too. I've got one computer that is dual boot configured with DOS 6.22/Win3.11 and Windows 98.

My other desktop and my laptop are both running XP SP2, but I'm considering switching the desktop to Linux.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)