Isiah Thomas fired from FIU...

I wish he would stop trying to coach. Its making me forget the kind of player he was......

He may have been a helluva player, but he is a disaster at any position supporting the program: coach, general manager, recruiting, business operations, and he probably can't even fliip a burger at the consession stand. Any organization would be foolish and stupid to hire him.

riffjim4069 said:
He may have been a helluva player, but he is a disaster at any position supporting the program: coach, general manager, recruiting, business operations, and he probably can't even fliip a burger at the consession stand. Any organization would be foolish and stupid to hire him.

He did not do a bad job as coach of the Pacers...3 years, 3 playoff appearance.

Reason why I think he will be the Knicks coach is because he has done an amazing job of brainwashing James Dolan that I think as soon as the season is over, he will be named HC.

He did not do a bad job as coach of the Pacers...3 years, 3 playoff appearance.

Reason why I think he will be the Knicks coach is because he has done an amazing job of brainwashing James Dolan that I think as soon as the season is over, he will be named HC.
Knicks management need to hire Woodson full time if they don't want to appear as stupid as they are. I could see Isiah going to the Heat though if Spo comes up short again ;)

Ever watch an FIU game?

Understand that this is a school of 48K students (the 15th largest school in the country). In one of the largest, and wealthiest, media markets.

And it plays in a 4K seat gym. Giving away seats to anyone who shows up, and still not outdrawing your typical HS girls game.

This crowd needs IT for what purpose exactly? Fred the Wonder Lizzard could do just a poorly, for a lot less.

SamCdbs said:
Ever watch an FIU game?

Understand that this is a school of 48K students (the 15th largest school in the country). In one of the largest, and wealthiest, media markets.

And it plays in a 4K seat gym. Giving away seats to anyone who shows up, and still not outdrawing your typical HS girls game.

This crowd needs IT for what purpose exactly? Fred the Wonder Lizzard could do just a poorly, for a lot less.

A few things that worked against Isaih. One, this, as in south Florida, is not a college basketball town. Never has. The fact that their gym's capacity is only 4000 proves that. Secondly, for as much some tout how big Miami-Dade as a "media market"...it is no where near as big as some make it out to be. Also, do not let glam of South Beach and the nice weather fool you, there is ALOT of "have nots" down here...much more than the "haves". The ONLY thing FIU is known for when it come to sports, is baseball. Just in the last few years is when they are getting some football recognition.

And Isiah aint that good a college coach....

Wish whatever happened between him and Bill Davidson (former owner of pistions) did not happen. While that ship has sailed would have been nice for him to have a role with th pistions

He was a heck of a player on the court

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts