ISO: QualiTV IQ160 cheap?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gdavisloop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hey, does anyone who's upgraded to an AZbox have a QualiTV they aren't using anymore? I'm interested in watching the NASA engineering feeds on AMC-3:
3885MHz s/r 4340 3876MHz s/r 8680 (both usually 4:2:2)
Since I'm not too interested, the price would have to be pretty reasonable ;-)
thanks
--Gary
g@hoxnet.com

A cheap alternative would be to record the feeds (assuming you know when they're coming on) on a Visionsat IV-200. You won't be able to watch real-time, but you'll be able to hear the audio. The resulting .TS file will be perfectly playable on a PC. I used two Visionsats to record the HD feeds during the last shuttle mission.

Depends on your definition of reasonable.
Ebay UK usually has a couple on there, usually running $100 - $130, plus about $30 for Royal Mail shipping (10 days).
What about a USB Sat receiver?

I actually saw a working QualiTV receiver go on EBay recently for around $35. I could have won it, but decided to bid on a $24 DC II receiver instead that I won and is working great.

Wish it were that easy! I've been checking out eBay for over a month, and all I've ever seen are the QualiTV splitters.

And yes, I do have a computer that can record it, and play it later, but... that computer is tied up recording the NASA-HD or LIMO channels during a launch ;-)

--Gary

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)