Issue with iOS9 or maybe Yahoo...do not know

stevegd007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
San Deigo, Southern Calif.
Ok, my Yahoo email was working just fine, using iOS8. Updated my iOS devices to iOS 9 and my Yahoo mail said I had to "reconnect" and put in my password for my email to function. So I did. Then a message comes back saying "Uh Oh" you are not old enough to make these changes. Been using this account for years! After several tries I gave up. This was attached with an older account AT&T and it's Yahoo email using an even older "sbcglobal" account. So basically AT&T said it was not their issue contact Yahoo...OK...then Yahoo said it was AT&T and to contact AT&T and they closed my request to fix this...and you can not respond back to them. It just closed. There done dealing with me. So no Yahoo email. Don't you just love the corporate run-a-round! NOPE!
I did recover my email on my iOS devices just using "other" email option at the very bottom of the Mail page and now it again works. BUT this just does not jump out as say use "other" email, had to figure this out on my own. BUT for anyone else be aware AT&T and Yahoo seem not to be talking with each other anymore and I do not know why but iOS 9 seemed to change my email access to or with Yahoo. OR it could be AT&T corporate has made some changes. AS a lowly end user I really have no idea.

Where did you see the "Uh Oh" warning? Was it in the Apple e-mail client or somewhere else?

Have you tried logging into the Yahoo web interface from a computer?

Apple's e-mail clients are trouble and have been getting more cantankerous with each new release.

I once had an issue where I had to "verify" my old AT&T DSL e-mail account to use Yahoo mail on my iOS device. They also check that you are you when you connect on a new device (or at least they did). Yahoo also wanted me to use their iOS Yahoo Mail App instead of Apple's built in Mail App. Probably because Yahoo's Mail client wants to stick all sorts of Ads in your face.

Have an old AT&T email address, now hosted by Yahoo, from way back in the dial-up days. Finally canceled the dial-up account but so far at least they have let me keep the email account. I've always used the mail app in iOS. Upgraded to iOS 9 for both iPad and iPhone with no issues getting to my AT&T/Yahoo email.

I've been slowly trying to migrate to a Comcast email account but it's been hard. I've had that AT&T account as long as I've been online.

Where did you see the "Uh Oh" warning? Was it in the Apple e-mail client or somewhere else?

Have you tried logging into the Yahoo web interface from a computer?

Apple's e-mail clients are trouble and have been getting more cantankerous with each new release.
It was during the apple sign in process using my iPhone iOS9. In the email sign in you have various applications. Found in settings, mail and contacts then "add" account...you see iCloud, E exchange, Google, Yahoo!...etc. I opened Yahoo! filled in my info and when you "sign in" you see a spinning logo at the top of the phone and a "new" box opens and yes it really says" Uh-Oh" your not old enough to complete this process! I have been using this Yahoo on my phone for years...guess I got too young and just did not know I did! L.O.L.
I do have my email back using "other" add account...but Yahoo! email is a bust...at least for me.

And to followup...Yes Yahoo email works just fine on the computers...all of them. Just Apple crashed my Yahoo account and neither Yahoo or AT&T are working together on fixing issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)