Issue with Recording/Watching Channels on Same TP?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I dont know if I would call this a bug...but it is a step back
I previously used software from 6/29

When manually recording if you hit channel up or down it went to the next channel on that same TP. So as example I only have 2 channels stored from 97W 12115
Doc Scott
Cornerstone

but they are not next to each other. There are different channels between them. 6/15 & 6/29 software I could just channel up/down and it would go to each one of those.

Now if I try that it says "stop recording then continue" which makes it sound like I am trying to go to another transponder.

Maybe I'll take screen shots to explain better ;)

edit: per the review

Recording something is very easy and you can record two things at once as long as it’s the same transponder. If you try and record a 3rd you get a popup that says “Unable to record 3rd channel”. If you are recording something the receiver allows you to scroll through the other channels on the transponder (if there are some) but it wont let you move off that transponder. So as example when I was recording TuffTV the only channels I could go through using the up down arrows were PBJ & RTV. The reason I say this is other receivers let you go onto another transponder but gives you a popup first asking to record. The Micro makes this easier as you don’t have to think “now what channels are on that same transponder that I can watch?” especially if you have channels separated in the list. As example on 97W I have the “news” channels listed first. But they may not be sorted by transponder. If I am recording say Russia Today and want to scroll to Al Jazeera English if say JN1 is between them the Manhattan would give me the popup to ask if I want to stop the program. The MicroHD if I hit channel up goes to JN1. If I hit channel up again it goes back to Russia Today (those are the only 2 channels from that transponder I have saved.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I mean

with new software
1st pic is my 97W list
I start recording Doc Scott
2nd pic is what it shows when you press "OK"
3rd pic is what it shows when you press channel up or down

so I rolled back to 6/29 software and then tried it
started recording Doc Scott
4th pic shows when I hit channel up...it goes to Cornerstone and it shows channel 002
5th pic shows when I hit channel up again...it goes back to Doc Scott

Attachments

• PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    826.5 KB · Views: 160
  • PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    778.8 KB · Views: 176
  • PICT0021.JPG
    PICT0021.JPG
    820.8 KB · Views: 175
  • PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    910.3 KB · Views: 168
  • PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    835.2 KB · Views: 179
Here is what I mean

with new software
1st pic is my 97W list
I start recording Doc Scott
2nd pic is what it shows when you press "OK"
3rd pic is what it shows when you press channel up or down

so I rolled back to 6/29 software and then tried it
started recording Doc Scott
4th pic shows when I hit channel up...it goes to Cornerstone and it shows channel 002
5th pic shows when I hit channel up again...it goes back to Doc Scott

Interesting! Are you using the same channel list for testing both versions?

I am able to replicate by simply moving CTVN in the channel list with a second transponder between. If you select CTVN in the list and press OK key, the receiver allows you to go to the channel, but channel up/down and the message appears.

Thanks for documenting! We will see why the STB thinks that a moved channel is no longer on the same transponder.....

yes. Tried it on a couple different satellites/transponders and all did the same thing

I am able to replicate by simply moving CTVN in the channel list with a second transponder between. If you select CTVN in the list and press OK key, the receiver allows you to go to the channel, but channel up/down and the message appears.
correct. Also if you hit "OK" to bring up the list it will only show the channels on that transponder. But channel up/down pops the message up

Thanks for documenting! We will see why the STB thinks that a moved channel is no longer on the same transponder.....
I think its more of the previous software when you hit record the receiver memory went through and only showed the same TP channels so you can hit channel up/down with no issues. The newest one seems to not do that

Seems to be related to loading a prebuilt user data base file made with previous firmware after updating to 2012.7.6. Once we updated the receiver's firmware, we did not install the ,udf file, but instead scanned the channels. After performing multiple sessions of recording two channels and watch a third, the function seems to be working normal. Have the ability to Channel Up/Down during a recording and either select a second channel to watch or record and watch a third channel.

Please confirm that this works on your side....

I will have to try that...

so I guess I can load the .udf file to at least keep my motor settings then remove the channels and rescan them in......

Seems to be related to loading a prebuilt user data base file made with previous firmware after updating to 2012.7.6. Once we updated the receiver's firmware, we did not install the ,udf file, but instead scanned the channels. After performing multiple sessions of recording two channels and watch a third, the function seems to be working normal. Have the ability to Channel Up/Down during a recording and either select a second channel to watch or record and watch a third channel.

yup works now
I deleted all the channels on 125W and rescanned them in. Hit record on OETA2 (which logs as CH4) and in the sat list was channel 21. Hit channel up. It went to OETA (which logs as CH3) and showed channel 1. Hit up again to go back to OETA2 and now it showed as Channel 2

So it looks like I have to rescan in my channel list. no worries :)

still doing testing but found something interesting
-I had selected 97W from the sat list so it only showed 97W channels. Hit record on Doc Scott and hit channel up. Got the error message I did before. Stopped recording
-Selected "All satellite" and tried again. Recorded Doc Scott and hit channel up. It bumped me to CTVN (Cornerstone) which is on same TP.

So it looks like if you are on all satellite for the list it works fine but on just that sat it doesn't.....again I'll do more testing

edit: well did some more testing and it does work on both lists (all or just one satellite). The issue is after you hit record you have to wait like 3-4 seconds for the receiver to figure out what channels are on that TP. I was hitting channel up right away confusing it. Wait a couple seconds then it works fine :)

Last edited:
I just rescanned in my channel list after loading the newest software. I loaded the channels then deleted all the channels (which still kept my motor settings) and then scanned them back in

For folks who just got their Micros this is moot as they would be starting fresh anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts