Issue with the Mpeg2 to Mpeg4 conversion channels!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All the HD is NOT on 110; in fact as for the "NEW" HD, none of them are on DirecTV 5 at 109.8°W. I really am being sincere when I am telling you this is NOT a system-wide DirecTV issue and you need to have your setup checked out. I am not slamming you or the handful of others saying they have issues, nor am I backing DirecTV blindly; you guys are having user specific issues that should be addressed as opposed to just sitting by thinking there is a "system" fix in the works. This way you can consistently enjoy the new offerings instead of waiting.

I had trouble with ESPN mpeg 4 this morning, I would get the channel and suddenly it would freeze and then go to a GREEN screen and stay there and eventually it would resync ? and everything would be fine.
I have had NO problems this evening, all, is well, must have had a few kinks to work out during the day. Jimbo

When you have the HR21 and ESPN HD starts freezing like you mentioned, I was wondering about the following. Since they are both simulcast on channel 216, is it possible to watch the SD version of that channel on the HR21? It would nice to at least be able to see the program in SD, rather then not at all.

When you have the HR21 and ESPN HD starts freezing like you mentioned, I was wondering about the following. Since they are both simulcast on channel 216, is it possible to watch the SD version of that channel on the HR21? It would nice to at least be able to see the program in SD, rather then not at all.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was outside working !

Charper answered your question, yes there are options when something like that would happen.
btw, ESPN's are 206-209 with alternate channels above.

Jimbo

Charper I have taken your advice and have a service call scheduled for Thursday. I have very low signal strengths on 99 with my highest being in the low 50's and quite a few in the teens and 20's. I also checked my signal strength for 103 and they're only in the 60's and I've never experienced any problems with reception for those channels. Hopefully it will just be a simple realignment and it will be taken care of. I want to thank everyone for their input as it's always appreciated.

Charper I have taken your advice and have a service call scheduled for Thursday. I have very low signal strengths on 99 with my highest being in the low 50's and quite a few in the teens and 20's. I also checked my signal strength for 103 and they're only in the 60's and I've never experienced any problems with reception for those channels. Hopefully it will just be a simple realignment and it will be taken care of. I want to thank everyone for their input as it's always appreciated.

When D* leaves the majority should be in the high 80's to mid 90's ... or there about, you will still have a few zero's as they are areas that are not serviced by your zip code.

Jimbo

I also have the same problem.

charper1, to reply to your post in the announcement thread, I tried your suggestion but no success (swapping inputs & resetting). However my signal strengths on 99c tr 2,4,6,8 are now occasionally showing upper teens to low 20s (might have before though, as I didn't take a close look).

This is all on the HR20. Went upstairs to check the H20 and it appears I have the same issue there. Guess I'm due for a tweak.

I also have the same problem.

charper1, to reply to your post in the announcement thread, I tried your suggestion but no success (swapping inputs & resetting). However my signal strengths on 99c tr 2,4,6,8 are now occasionally showing upper teens to low 20s (might have before though, as I didn't take a close look).

This is all on the HR20. Went upstairs to check the H20 and it appears I have the same issue there. Guess I'm due for a tweak.

Seeing BOTH rec.s are having the same issue, it would be a good bet that it needs adjusting, or possibly a LNB going bad.

Jimbo

I suspect so as well RIGA; so far the only users I have seen that this did not work for either had very low signals or a hardware malfunction.

UPDATE PROBLEM FIXED

:) Problem fixed. When i switched from Dish to DTV the installer used same wires from dish to the switch. Turns out one of those wires were "burned out". Forgive me I am not as informed as most here on workings of system as some here, one reason I pay and support the site. Seems I wasn't getting the right voltage back to lmb's thus have the drop out of new channels ( or so it was explained to me) Ater replacing all the wires from dish to switch worked like a charm. Hd looks even better then before. Moral to story if you switch providers insist on new cabling!!!!

Problem Fixed!

Well I had my dish re-pointed today and I have solid 90's on all sats and everything is working fine! Thanks to everyone for their advice.

If anyone wants to see the difference between MPEG2 (channel 73) and MPEG4 (channel 206) check out the NFL preseason game, Saints vs Cardinals.

Look at all of the noise on MPEG2. The noise on MPEG4 is almost non-existent.

I had Direct installed mid july.............. Has been flawless..........

Today.......I'm flipping through tv and started watching STARZ HD..........It was pixelating about every 30 secs........... I went to the other room hr21 in both rooms. It is doing it on STARZ channels as well...................

I checked signal strength:

sat 101

1-8 ........91 92 88 91 88 95 90 95
9-16........85 92 86 94 89 96 88 96
17-24.......90 70 89 90 91 96 88 95
25-32........89 60 88 51 91 96 87 96

sat 110

1-8 na na na na na na na 82
9-16 na 87 na 88 na na na na
17-24 na na na na na na na na
25-32 na na na na na na na na

sat 119

1-8........ na na na na na na na na
9-16........ na na na na na na na na
17-24........ na na na na na 95 24 89
25-32......... 100 95 98 96 97 96 93 98

sat 99

1-8....... 83 84 83 85 83 84 83 86
9-16 ....85 86 85 88 88 88 na na
17-24.....na na na na na na na na
25-32......na na na na na na na na

sat 103

1-8....23 81 15 0 15 47 na na
9-16......na na na na na na 25 0
17-24.....0 55 0 0 79 0 41 0
25-32....na na na na na na na na

sat 103C

1-8 ...86 80 85 77 82 79 82 80
9-16 ....82 78 82 80 82 78 na na
17-24.......0 na na na na 0 na na
25-32.......na na na na na na na na

sat99s

1-8 .......93 33 97 0 96 24 na na
9-16......na na na na na na 0 0
17-24......0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
25-32.......na na na na na na na na

206,209 & 245 Black out

Well I had my dish re-pointed today and I have solid 90's on all sats and everything is working fine! Thanks to everyone for their advice.

I've lost 206, 209 & 245 since the beginning of this month. I tried all of the reboots, reconnects. Two H20's, one Hr-20-100. All receiving message 771 on just these three channels. All other programming is good. I called DTV yesterday and got the purchase the extended service plan at $10 per month for one year and the tech will come out for $20 instead of the $80 deal. No thanks. I asked to talk to a tech and she took my info and said that a tech will contact me by phone within 72 hours. Huh?!

Was your service visit free or was there a charge? I feel like I'm getting the run around. Any advice would be great.

I've lost 206, 209 & 245 since the beginning of this month. I tried all of the reboots, reconnects. Two H20's, one Hr-20-100. All receiving message 771 on just these three channels. All other programming is good. I called DTV yesterday and got the purchase the extended service plan at $10 per month for one year and the tech will come out for $20 instead of the $80 deal. No thanks. I asked to talk to a tech and she took my info and said that a tech will contact me by phone within 72 hours. Huh?!

Was your service visit free or was there a charge? I feel like I'm getting the run around. Any advice would be great.

So what's your readings on the 99(c on the HR20), the 99 satellite with transponders 1-> 14? If they're lower then 70's then that's the cause most likely. Normally the realign is free with the protection plan but IIRC you need to wait 30 days before placing a service call.

I had the problem with the new MPEG4 channels (206, 209, etc.) and determined it was a dish pointing problem (see prev. post). This morning I went up and tweaked the azimuth and skew, and now I have most signals at 80 or above. And the new MPEG4 channels are now on.

My azimuth was way off. I am now also getting much better numbers on 99s, 103s, & 103c (30-40s to 80s). Can't tweak any better than this b/c unfortunately my mast is not plumb, and well enough is fine (for now).

I am still getting 771 on 96 & 97. Anybody know what sats those channels are on?

I had the problem with the new MPEG4 channels (206, 209, etc.) and determined it was a dish pointing problem (see prev. post). This morning I went up and tweaked the azimuth and skew, and now I have most signals at 80 or above. And the new MPEG4 channels are now on.

My azimuth was way off. I am now also getting much better numbers on 99s, 103s, & 103c (30-40s to 80s). Can't tweak any better than this b/c unfortunately my mast is not plumb, and well enough is fine (for now).

I am still getting 771 on 96 & 97. Anybody know what sats those channels are on?

Don't worry about 96/97, those are the sometimes MPEG2 special event channels, I see that also. Since you have the MPEG4 hardware I wouldn't worry about the 70 -> 99 channels since you now have all of those on the MPEG4 channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)