PPV vs DOD - Availability

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Quick question. Does DOD generally get every PPV title eventually? Just wondering, after trying the DOD, I like being able to schedule the movie and download it so I can watch it when Im ready.

I notice a few fairly new releases that are on PPV but not on DOD yet? For instance, Never Back Down was out on PPV on 7-29 and Vantage Point was out on PPV 2 days later. Vantage Point is currently on DOD too, but Never Back Down isnt.

Quick question. Does DOD generally get every PPV title eventually? Just wondering, after trying the DOD, I like being able to schedule the movie and download it so I can watch it when Im ready.

I notice a few fairly new releases that are on PPV but not on DOD yet? For instance, Never Back Down was out on PPV on 7-29 and Vantage Point was out on PPV 2 days later. Vantage Point is currently on DOD too, but Never Back Down isnt.

VOD is a pretty new service from D. I don't know that it's been live long enough to know the answer to your ? .

Ok. I had it (never used it) for awhile on Cutting Edge software. So you're saying its only been "public" for a bit.

Im hoping all PPV HD movies will make it to VOD too. There is a lot of HD titles on VOD that are kinda old, hopefully theyll keep the new stuff coming in TIMELY.

Ok. I had it (never used it) for awhile on Cutting Edge software. So you're saying its only been "public" for bit.

yeah that's right. even for those of us who had it 1st with a CE it still isn't enough time especially since with the CE it was more for testing purposes. I did notice a new vod channel addition last week so they'll probably continue to add to this awesome service. it's still very fresh. still needs a little cooking :D

I have only downloaded one PPV via the DOD and preferred that over the having to choose a specific timeframe to watch it. I simply sent it to the queue and started watching later. While I was looking for that movie (and sorry I can't remember the title) I was remarking to myself that it was great to see "current" PPV title available via On Demand, and that I would likely use that service again. Plus don't forget that your box already downloads current PPV movies to your playlist in the Movies Now & Showcases tab. The movies I have seen in there are the more current and popular titles, and since they are already downloaded, they are ready to watch when you are. I have already watched two movies using that service.

Just got finished watching Vantage Point, very impressed with the PQ. I think I may use this DOD to supplement the blu-rays I dont buy. Netflix availability is just not that good for NEW stuff, and I like to watch a movie when I get ready. This is nice because you can download a few, then watch em when you want. Only thing I have downloaded in the Showcase is Jumper, and I already own it on blu-ray.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)