Issue with VIP 622.....please help!!!

tennisgrl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
For the last week, I've been having a problem with my 622 box. It seems as if one tuners in the box is a little messed up where it will be all messed up on my local HD channels and some of the movie HD channels. However, if I switch to the other tuner and go to the same channels, it is fine. So, I can do a split screen of both tuners, put them on the same channels, and one will be fine and the other is all pixelated and messed up. A reboot of the box sometimes fixes this, sometimes it does not. Its been especially annoying when I go to watch my DVR shows and its all messed up and unwatchable. I called Dish and they just said to call them back if it continues to happen, which is what I guess I will be doing. :confused:

Also, meant to add that I also have a 722 box that doesn't have a problem with either of its tuners.

Could be a bad separator. Switch the connections and see what happens.

Ok, I think the problem is the splitter. The problem was on tuner 2 of my box. I switched the cables from the splitter to each tuner and still the problem was on tuner 2. Then I switched which tuner the cables were going into and when I did that, the box would never acquire a signal since it tries to get Tuner 1....so that leads me to believe its the splitter.

Will Dish send me a new splitter or can I just go buy any kind?

What you have is not a splitter, it's a separator and there is a big difference between the two. You should be able to get Dish send you another separator without issue though. Just give a call, or chat, with tech support tell them what you've done and what your analysis shows.

What you have is not a splitter, it's a separator and there is a big difference between the two. You should be able to get Dish send you another separator without issue though. Just give a call, or chat, with tech support tell them what you've done and what your analysis shows.

Ha! I've been calling it a splitter for years. Doh. Thanks!

Strangely enough I just started having the same issue tonight with my 722.
I just watched a pixelated Stargate (recorded) and now I've started The Good wife [OTA] recorded and it is also pixelated (creeping block bands, and frame skips every 10 seconds or so...)

I haven't had a chance to view live TV yet as all 3 tuners are in use (which might actually be what has brought this problem forward in my case as this box is only a month old and I think this is the first time I have had all 3 tuners recording while I watched something on the DVR.

I'll troubleshoot later and see if I come to the same conclusion...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts