Issues with New update for the iPhone & Android SatGuys App

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm getting crashes on my android app which updated automatically. can't even get on.

my coworker who also signed up is having issues with the app on his droid.

Please report the issues to http://www.forumrunner.net in their support forum. Please when posting mention that you are using the SatelliteGuys app. :)

I can not upgrade out here at Sea as they have the updates blocked on the ships internet service.

The old version of the software is working great still... so avoid upgrading until they fix their issues... (but again they can't fix it if nobody reports it to their support) ;)

Ok guys I think I know what the problem is...

I think they updated our address to SatelliteGuys.COM instead of SatelliteGuys.US. We have been waiting for them to update us to switch over to the .com domain... but they were supposed to coridinate with me for when we cutover which did not happen.

I am going to try turning on .com now and hopefully that fixes the issue. :)

I will report back when I am done.

Ok I have made the changes, that I needed to make... now it could take anywhere from 2 - 48 hours for the DNS to update.

Once the DNS updates and the forum is answering at SatelliteGuys.COM then I am hoping the new version of the app should work for everyone. :)

Keep me informed as I have no way of testing the app from here. :D

As I said give it a few hours. :D

I also saw that they released a new version of the full app with "fixed crash at startup". Maybe we just need to beat on them for a new customized app?

A savvy user with a rooted Android phone could probably "test" this immediately by tweaking their hosts file.

Posting this from the new iPhone app. The home page at the top when logged in does say satelliteguys.com. Good catch Scott and it seems to work now!

Ok I have made the changes, that I needed to make... now it could take anywhere from 2 - 48 hours for the DNS to update.

Once the DNS updates and the forum is answering at SatelliteGuys.COM then I am hoping the new version of the app should work for everyone. :)

Keep me informed as I have no way of testing the app from here. :D

As I said give it a few hours. :D

The iPhone app now works! I am posting this with version 1.6.0 on my 4S I also updated the app on my iPad and it works there as well. Thank you Scott for making this change!!

I can confirm this on an iPhone 5 as well. I don't think this fixed any outstanding issues, but the app is functional again.

I can confirm this on an iPhone 5 as well. I don't think this fixed any outstanding issues, but the app is functional again.

Well, sort of. The on page (next page, reply, etc) buttons are not working on my iPad. They are working on my iPhone.

3HaloODST said:
I like satelliteguys.US better :D .

Me too! But the ad agencies tells me we are losing a large amount of revenue because of of the non standard .us domain.

Since we own the .com it makes sense to use it

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yay!!! Using 1.6 on my iPhone 5 full screen.

The bug with not being able to edit your Reply until you type enough characters still seems alive and (un)well.

I had the crashes with my Android and my "koff koff" Timex Sinclair. I just uninstalled and re-installed the app and all is well. I used the downtime to reset my password after the hack. I trust nobody that says I didn't touch THAT.......

Good to hear that the ad revenue may increase for the site. I like the US domain, but dollars are dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)