Issues with replacement reciever?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

devicenull

Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
CT
Alright, so a few weeks ago one of our receivers failed (internal HD error, nothing we could do except replace it). We called directtv, they sent us a replacement one. The first replacement they sent was completely dead, and wouldn't power on. That was replaced, and now we got one that couldn't seem to see the satellite. After a bit of troubleshooting with that, it was replaced again.

Replacement #3 has the same issue as replacement #2, I can't get it through the satellite setup.

Is it possible they keep sending us receivers that are not compatible with our dish?

Working receiver (never replaced):
Model: R22/200
Software version: 0x368 (10/20, 3:25 am)
Configured Dish type: Slimline-3

Replacement receiver:
Model: R15-300C-R

One wire goes from the splitter to each receiver. I've tried the receiver on the known-working connection, so I doubt it's the wire.

The odd part about this is directtv is telling us we should be configuring the replacement with the "3LNB 18x20" setting, instead of the Slimline-3 setting.

So, Did we just get *another* faulty receiver, or are we using the wrong settings? I'm going to try the different satellite settings available, and see if one of them works.

does your R22 only have 1 line running to it. If that the case you have swm and a R15 is not swm compatable for a swm compatible dvr you need a r16 or higher.

Yes it does have only one line. I found that the R15 doesn't support it after doing a little research, thanks for confirming it.

I called tech support earlier, and they acted like they had no idea what a SWM was. Apparently my issue has been sent to the "case management" department, which should be calling me tomorrow.

They also said there may be an extra fee to send me another R22 receiver to replace the one I sent them, which I find absurd. I'll fight them about that if I have to though.

not to overstate the obvious but, You give a sh*t! to alot of CSR's it's "just a job" and they frankly don't care. maybe moral is way down on thier end too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)