AZBOX Issues with SES 2 RTV MUX on P+ & Ultra

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
We are currently aware of the issues that AzBox Ultra and Premium HD + receivers have in tuning in the new Luken RTV MUX on 87W and are diagnosing the issue to find out if anything can be done at the firmware level in order to fix this issue. If the fix is simple, we will release it along with an updated Youtube application in a new firmware version. However, if this issue takes more time and effort to resolve, we will release a new firmware without fixing this issue in order to get Youtube back up and running along with other miscellaneous fixes and release a subsequent firmware update once a fix for this issue is made.

We will keep you posted right here on SatelliteGuys once we have more information in regards to this issue.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Thank you for this. Just for grins I rolled back 5402 through each version down to 5306 tonight trying to get RTV on 87w 3920 to do something more than flash in at 76% then go back to zero. Back to 5402 with no change.

If you are looking at symptoms, do you think there is any correlation to the eScapes channel on 99w that drops the frames? Be nice to get that bug fixed too.

Tell you guys the truth though... I would bet there is less use of the AzBox P+ for web browsing and YouTube than you think. Frankly I can get that stuff on a laptop or a tablet or even my cell phone faster and in an easier to use format.

Regardless... I for one appreciate knowing you recognize the problem and are working on it.

===
Bill

Besides the Luken Mux on SES-2 there is also the issue with eScapes on
Galaxy 16 at 3784 H 4850 3/4 DVB-S2/8PSK with that video not playing smoothly.

Funny thing is that the Micro HD plays both these mux's fine yet switching over to the Az and it is a whole nother story.

Just for information, I re-scanned the RTV MUX, after deleting the transponder. The MUX appears to scan in, I get a list of channels, including the service channels 5 & 11, which are reported for TNN. I am not able to get video. My signal shows 74% and my quality shows 0%, but jumps to 92% intermittently for half a second - with the FEC set to either AUTO, 5/6, or 7/8, but not on other FEC settings. I have the AZBOX HD Prem. Plus, 10 ft. mesh dish, and dual C-band LNBF.

Tested that TNN feed with my AZ Ultra running 5020 firmware just now and it's also not locking that feed?? My S9 on this exact same system is locking it and showing me 73% Q and 86% S for 3920 H 29125.

I scanned 137W on the Azbox and got the 4000 H 29125 MUX, with the same result as on 87W. The scan resulted in about 30 channels being found, but lock is not there consistently. Q jumps up to 97% for half a second, goes back to 0%, and then a minute or so later, it jumps again.
Again, this is for information....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)