It' sWednesday!! Where's SCiFi HD and USA HD!!

It's on Directv right now as we speak playing in glorious high def. I get to see them next week after my install on the 31st. I sure hope that it looks good after all the wait and the hype.

I remember when USA/SCIFI showed up on the uplinks. I was pretty excited -- even called my girlfriend at work to tell her the "good news".

What was that, almost 2 months ago?

It makes me reallllly curious what's going on behind the curtain. I'm sure the slated uplinks have saved a few forum subscribers here -- there have to be at least a few (myself included) that felt a renewed enthusiasm when they showed up on prime bird space.

That enthusiasm is wearing off for me. DISH needs to light a new fire.

Question for digi if he reads this... You've mentioned (and shown graphs) that show the USA and SciFi uplinks are just slates, based on their low bitrates. There were a few other other MT6x uplinks in mpeg4 HD... Do those look slated as well?

Wednesday uplinks dont excite me anymore. But for some reason i have a good feeling about something happening today or next Wednesday and thats only because our bills will be going up in Feb.

My Direct install is today. so I will see it today.:)
I'm waiting for the D* ownership issue to be settled.. I was a TCI cable customer under Malone.. He is bad news I want to see what he does with "rate hikes" once he takes control

It makes me reallllly curious what's going on behind the curtain.

You might want to listen to the latest pod cast on the site. Scott is now saying what he hears is that it's a contract issue, not technical like he said before. NBC want's USA/Bravo/CNBC/Sci-Fi bundeled together with some interactive Olpympic features. So if that's true then it's the good old Charlie trying to save you money delay. ;)

You might want to listen to the latest pod cast on the site. Scott is now saying what he hears is that it's a contract issue, not technical like he said before. NBC want's USA/Bravo/CNBC/Sci-Fi bundeled together with some interactive Olpympic features. So if that's true then it's the good old Charlie trying to save you money delay. ;)

How is he saving me money? Depending on how you package things Dish is hardly a big bargain. I maybe save $1-2 with Dish. I would gladly give an extra $5 to have competitive programming.

IF it's true, then Dish shouldn't have to put up with it, since Comcast isn't doing that. (Which is why I said IF it's true.)

If activated today--
Sci-fi has SGA at 5 pm and a movie at 3 am
USA has 50 first dates at 2 pm, 2 Monk's, 2 L&O: CI's, 1 L&O: SVU and 2 NCIS's followed by L&O's...
SGA and NCIS for me :)

....and it's precisely a list like this that keeps me in the "who cares" mode. If this is the "new" HD I'll see, I can wait.... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts