It's a Long Way to the Top!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I am just goofing around, but I have some guidance for the greenhorn dabbling in FTA...

"It's A Long Way To The Top" YouTube - AC/DC - Its A Long Way To The Top If Ya Wanna Rock And Roll

I like this song, my nephew (HexFET) turned me on to the video of old. I am more country than I am Rock and Roll, but I like this one very much!

If you are a greenhorn (newby) to FTA, remember this song. It will help you have fun getting set up. Some folks take what we are doing here much too seriously and they get burned out trying to fix things. I want to bring a new idea to the front which is that you should have FUN with this. FTA is fun, if you treat it as a hobby and don't get too critical of it.

If you cannot get your dish aligned or a specific channel to come in, take it easy, take a break, walk away for a few days. Enjoy some Rock and Roll, have a drink, or whatever you can do to clear your mind. Come back later when you are not disgusted or drained.

FTA endeavors can be taxing if you are new to it, taxing even if you are an old dog at it, too. So, think of the whole affair as a party and a hobby and NOT as a task or a chore. You will find it more pleasing in the end.

So, have FUN, make it FUN! This takes the edge off and you will enjoy it more.

RADAR

So, on that note, I'm gona sit back a few days and enjoy my newly erected dish and new found networks. ThisTV was taken away from my OTA setup in November, but RTV is filling the void nicely. :)

Bah! My wife got me a portable spectrum analyzer for Christmas. Of course, I had to try it out early and got everything running just the way I want it! It's going under the tree with a bow. Whee!

Want to get funky? This is new (to me).

Eurovision held some sort of contest, I think related to their satellite TV promotions, this was the winner.

"Satellite" is a song performed by German singer Lena Meyer-Landrut, written by American Julie Frost[3] and Dane John Gordon. It was Germany's entry at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010. The song was chosen via televoting during the national Eurovision pre-selection show Unser Star für Oslo (Our Star for Oslo) on 12 March 2010. It was made available for digital download the following day, becoming Germany's fastest selling digital release ever. "Satellite" debuted at number one in the German singles chart and has since been certified double platinum.[2] On 29 May 2010, it won the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 with 246 points.[4][5]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/Satellite-Meyer-Landrut.jpg

YouTube - Lena - Satellite (Germany)

RADAR

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts