It's about time!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
I was fine tuning my 10 footer last night after all the crazy weather we have been having. I was on G1 and the DC light on my 922 was just a glowing and my clock set to the right time. Now just my VCR flashes with the wrong time! Hopefully I will be subbing soon but I did not think that the clock would set without a sub or if it would even set at all since 4DTV is no longer Moto-rized. I have been keeping off of the DC stuff until last night.

Is there anything "harmful" being tossed at us through G1 and I still should be avoiding those DC birds/channels??? :confused:

I was glad to see the time set until I realized it actually was 3 in the morning!!!... :eek:

I still have the 4096 stream & have been all over the place with my dish including G1. My clock always re-adjusts itself after a power outage which was about a week ago. I also get a "Subscription Required" on all the old channels. All the satellite tiles are still in place.

I still have the 4096 stream & have been all over the place with my dish including G1. My clock always re-adjusts itself after a power outage which was about a week ago. I also get a "Subscription Required" on all the old channels. All the satellite tiles are still in place.

You get a "Subscription Required" on all the old channels because 4096 is still up at a commercial level. But no consumer receiver can subscribe. Eventually that will go "authorization required" if it hasn't yet on your end.

To answer the OP's question, Is it is safe to go anyplace with 4096? I guess. There has been no bad reports yet, although Motorola can do anything with that stream at anytime since it's still up. 4160 is different since when you convert you cannot see 4096 anymore so it's 100% safe to browse with that. I think at this point even 4096 holdouts should get converted. If they are too cheap to support the cause by subscribing to something you can get the guide for free on X4 using websams to subscribe. At least your UA number will be in the system as subscribed and counted then. Plus your 100% safe to browse using 4160.

If they are too cheap to support the cause by subscribing to something you can get the guide for free on X4 using websams to subscribe.

:eek: Well more like "financially handicapped" is a better term but I will sub soon!

Speaking of guides, how well is it working since the changes? I was thinking of using a DTV setup like someone mentioned not too long ago if the 4DTV was still quirky.

I was concerned about the mapping and did stay away from the DC birds until thing settled down. I still did not think that the clock would set without Moto supporting the 4DTV units.

you can get the guide for free on X4 using websams to subscribe. At least your UA number will be in the system as subscribed and counted then.

FYI if you do that it costs SRL money. So don't get mad when they cancel your guide on their next audit.

FYI if you do that it costs SRL money. So don't get mad when they cancel your guide on their next audit.

I don't think it costs them anything since the guide is a free service. I know NPS offered the guide till the end for free so I don't see how this is any different. Do you know something we don't?

You get a "Subscription Required" on all the old channels because 4096 is still up at a commercial level. But no consumer receiver can subscribe. Eventually that will go "authorization required" if it hasn't yet on your end.

To answer the OP's question, Is it is safe to go anyplace with 4096? I guess. There has been no bad reports yet, although Motorola can do anything with that stream at anytime since it's still up. 4160 is different since when you convert you cannot see 4096 anymore so it's 100% safe to browse with that. I think at this point even 4096 holdouts should get converted. If they are too cheap to support the cause by subscribing to something you can get the guide for free on X4 using websams to subscribe. At least your UA number will be in the system as subscribed and counted then. Plus your 100% safe to browse using 4160.

Actually, the upper left says "Not Authorize." Then at the bottom it says "Please contact your program provider to receive authorization or select another channel." I'm waiting for Motorola to send people like me a special message. Maybe something like because I haven't converted yet, I qualify for a free Dish Network account. Or maybe Charlie Sheen will take it over.

Actually, the upper left says "Not Authorize." Then at the bottom it says "Please contact your program provider to receive authorization or select another channel." I'm waiting for Motorola to send people like me a special message. Maybe something like because I haven't converted yet, I qualify for a free Dish Network account. Or maybe Charlie Sheen will take it over.

It says Not authorized since it went OC at the end of January. I don't think Motorola will send you a message. The only thing I would be concerned about is since 4096 is still running to authorize cable headends they could very easy send a map update stream to any of those channels if your on them when in FP etc and wipe out all the maps. Will they do it? Your guess is as good as mine. They do actually have the power to though. I really think Motorola is now interested in protecting their private DC-2 commercial network. If they weren't they would never had written the brick your receiver procedure for X4. From insiders I get a hint that Motorola was not that happy with what we at 4DTV Online and Skyvision did to keep the old maps intact.

It says Not authorized since it went OC at the end of January. I don't think Motorola will send you a message. The only thing I would be concerned about is since 4096 is still running to authorize cable headends they could very easy send a map update stream to any of those channels if your on them when in FP etc and wipe out all the maps. Will they do it? Your guess is as good as mine. They do actually have the power to though. I really think Motorola is now interested in protecting their private DC-2 commercial network. If they weren't they would never had written the brick your receiver procedure for X4. From insiders I get a hint that Motorola was not that happy with what we at 4DTV Online and Skyvision did to keep the old maps intact.
That certainly ain't the message I was hoping for. But I also get the impression you would need to subscribe to something when you do the conversion. I had every intentions to have converted my 922 by now but this economy isn't cooperating at all & another bill right now is kind of out of the question.

That certainly ain't the message I was hoping for. But I also get the impression you would need to subscribe to something when you do the conversion. I had every intentions to have converted my 922 by now but this economy isn't cooperating at all & another bill right now is kind of out of the question.

I hear you about the economy, It's messed up big time and don't seem like it's getting better, look at gas prices again, they really want to push us into a depression. My finances have been down the tubes lately too, but I guess so are a lot of Americans so at least we have company :).

I don't think it costs them anything since the guide is a free service. I know NPS offered the guide till the end for free so I don't see how this is any different. Do you know something we don't?

There is a fee for the guide to SRL however i don't know if its a per sub or just a flat fee.

I had an account with SRL that had 50+ units and added the guide to each unit to remap then got an email "I cannot have units active with just the guide. " and phone call and was told it throws off their sub count and costs them money.

But what i don't know is if you only have one unit with the guide if they will catch that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)