its been awhile -- have basic questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I've been away from DTV for over 18 months -- in the Conn area what type of dish do they install for a standard 2 room install HD etc etc (3lnb or 5lnb) and do they do ground installs now or still only on roof?

Lastly by 2nd room has a failing coax cable -- how good is the new wireless mini genie HD unit? As I'd rather not have additional holes drilled in my wall.

Thanks as always

oh main reason for maybe coming back ironically is AT&T -- I really like their wireless service and with Unlimited data I may switch from VZW to them... And it seems DirecTV is priced better now at $50 flat no more dvr fee, 2nd unit, HD etc...

I like doing wireless installs. SWM3 or 5 depending on area. .

If you get it and want the best stuff make sure when you get your install you get an HR54. HR44 is good HR34 POS.
STAY AWAY FROM THE HR34

I like doing wireless installs. SWM3 or 5 depending on area. .

If you get it and want the best stuff make sure when you get your install you get an HR54. HR44 is good HR34 POS.
STAY AWAY FROM THE HR34
IF he has no 4k, the HR54 is a hit or miss ...
It uses the same components, no reason to not take the 44 if it's the one they have with them.
Just don't take a 34.

I've been away from DTV for over 18 months -- in the Conn area what type of dish do they install for a standard 2 room install HD etc etc (3lnb or 5lnb) and do they do ground installs now or still only on roof?

Lastly by 2nd room has a failing coax cable -- how good is the new wireless mini genie HD unit? As I'd rather not have additional holes drilled in my wall.

Thanks as always

they will do pole mounts, but D* only covers 20ft of buried cable, so if its any longer then that they may charge ~$1/ft. alternativly, you can just offer to bury the rest of it and they wont charge. its not hard, just time consuming.

the wireless mini's work well, the only thing i have to complain about them is i move too fast on the remote and end up on a screen i didnt intend. but if its for a bedroom where you're less likely to be flying around on the remote its a good investment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)