Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
after years of negotiations by both dish and direct
one has added the salisbury md dma locals, in hd yet
and it wasnt the one that has 100% local coverage

it was directv!
i think i'll go dance a jig now

cool. SO you get all the locals for your market then.....what do you get for NBC? (if I remember Salisbury has no NBC)

nbc is WCAU, which is philly i think, no clue on this though

i did find out yesterday that part of the salisbury dma, dorchester county, has had baltimore/washington locals for some time.
i guess they are SV channels, even though you would only pick them up with the right weather conditions.
other counties may have had them also, not sure on all this

and the nbc dish has is the only local they give you, well its not really local so thats bs

So what all is included in the locals package for Salisbury? OTA we have WBOC (CBS HD) and its subchannel (FOX SD), WMDT (ABC HD) and its subchannel (CW SD), and WCPB (PBS HD) and its 2 subchannels (PBS2 SD) and (V-ME SD).

So what all is included in the locals package for Salisbury? OTA we have WBOC (CBS HD) and its subchannel (FOX SD), WMDT (ABC HD) and its subchannel (CW SD), and WCPB (PBS HD) and its 2 subchannels (PBS2 SD) and (V-ME SD).

CW CW 48
PBS WDPB 64 -hd
CBS WBOC 16 -hd
PBS WCPB 28 -hd
FOX FOX 17 -hd
ABC WMDT 47 -hd
NBC WCAU 10 -hd

mdram,

Thanks for the reply (in both threads).

I am shocked they included CW and the low power PBS (WDPB) from Seaford.
I have never been able to pick up WDPB from here. Is it just a repeater of WHYY?

I only have SD now but when I upgrade to HD I'll definitely look at switching to Direct from Dish to get Fox in HD.
Any idea which satellite they are coming from? I have line of sight issues to some locations.

mdram,

Thanks for the reply (in both threads).

I have never been able to pick up WDPB from here. Is it just a repeater of WHYY?

I only have SD now but when I upgrade to HD I'll definitely look at switching to Direct from Dish to get Fox in HD.
Any idea which satellite they are coming from? I have line of sight issues to some locations.

no clue on any of that, i just had mine installed in october :)
you can do sd with hd equipmetn though, and the mrv (whole home dvr) is very nice.

according to wiki it is

all new local markets are coming from either 99 or 103....in this case its 99W.

Also is the Fox station in HD? Looks like its a subchannel that is 480i....may be widescreen but not HD

99 should work great for me.

The OTA Fox from WBOC is in fact 480i widescreen, but they provide a full HD signal to Comcast. Direct may have tapped into the same feed?

99 should work great for me.

The OTA Fox from WBOC is in fact 480i widescreen, but they provide a full HD signal to Comcast. Direct may have tapped into the same feed?

very possible if there is one available. They probably have a feed right at the studio for those stations. I know a local near me (KEYC Mankato, MN) they have a fibre feed as KEYC goes off the air at 1:00AM....OTA shows color bars after signoff for a minute then 0 signal...on Directv they show color bars after it signs off

Fox was never in hd ota and it doesn't appear to be in hd with Directv.
It is a subchannel of WBOC 16 CBS. (It is WBOC-DT2)

Wiki lists it as 480i in 4:3 aspect ratio

WBOC web site says it's offered in HD to Comcast & Verizon Fios.

Any chance it will become HD w/ Directv? Why does Directv list it as HD when it's not?
I'm not complaining- I am thankful after waiting 5+ years to finally have locals!
I appreciate any insight anyone has! Thanks!

They must be getting the HD feed as the D* site says its in HD. They can get a feed directly from the station
CW (which is also a subchannel) is showing as only SD

Is it one of those situations where primetime and sports is the only thing in "HD"?
Reason I say that is there is a station that I pick up OTA...KEYC CBS in Mankato, MN. They are the only station in the market. CBS is 1080i HD and they have a Fox subchannel that is 480i. The only time I dont have black bar hell is when its Fox shows and then its 480i widescreen.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/digital-over-air-ota/213368-station-480i-hd.html

so maybe they are doing it that way. What is on the screen when you select that channel? Is there black bars on the side? If so check tonight during primetime or tomorrow during NFL and see what the pic looks like

from watching some football this weekend the fox channel is not widescreen
its 4:3 stretched
i set every adjustment i could and it didnt change.

the cbs came in great though

but what happens when you watch a program that isnt Fox produced? (like the syndicated stuff during the day)

hhmmm, i'll have to check on that
i emailed d* and the local affiliate.
local manager has to talk to d*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)