It's George Bush's fault

Enough witht he political crap. This is NOT the Pit. No religion, no politics.
Its a legit article citing Reuters. I guess Warnewr has changed its story from "it was what was best for the consumer" to "it was what was best for our pockets". We are slowly coming closer to the truth.

Its a legit article citing Reuters. I guess Warnewr has changed its story from "it was what was best for the consumer" to "it was what was best for our pockets". We are slowly coming closer to the truth.

Yeah But saying That its Bush's fault is:
A. ) Highly misinformed, We have an independant Bank system, So if anything its the Chairmans fault.
B.) the title of the post makes it political, even though the article may be valid.

my two cents on this: 1) If they want to blame economic reasons wouldn't HD have been the better method as cheaper production = cheaper end-user costs? Saying economic reasons are they reason they chose blu is way off. 2) Based on the title, and while this belongs in the pit I'm saying it anyway, I don't think George W can tell you what Blu-Ray even is!

The economy is weak because the money in your pocket has the words "Federal Reserve Note" printed on it. Nobody else to blame except those who invented our fiat currency system and the central bank that answers to no-one (well technically they answer to Congress but they won't touch it).

And yes, my comment and the ones above like it, should be in the Pit not here. Though this is a "war zone" of sorts.

I assume the title of the post was supposed to be humorous.
Ow! I stubbed my toe. It's George Bush's fault!

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with my feelings about GWB. It was sortof meant to be
funny but in the end the buck does stop at the highest office Dem or Rep.
We are probably going into a real bad recession and $500M dollars and the cost of things are factors. The price of oil, the real estate debacle, tax cuts, and a war w.o. end are making everything expensive.

Essentially DVD sales were going down, so we want to make up for them with higher margin HD material... Warner is defending the decision as a finacial one.

Essentially DVD sales were going down, so we want to make up for them with higher margin HD material... Warner is defending the decision as a finacial one.
Financially half a billion dollars...

They, of course, deny the payola. Paramount, Disney and Fox denied theirs, too. The only studio I believe got no payola was Sony. The executives either supported Blu-Ray or got fired. Now, that's an incentive. :p

Financially half a billion dollars...

They, of course, deny the payola. Paramount, Disney and Fox denied theirs, too. The only studio I believe got no payola was Sony. The executives either supported Blu-Ray or got fired. Now, that's an incentive. :p

Is there any proof anywhere of any payoffs for those studios, besides Paramount? I'm asking seriously, because I don't know.

Is there any proof anywhere of any payoffs for those studios, besides Paramount? I'm asking seriously, because I don't know.

They all denied the rumors that they got paid off. So no their is no solid proof.

But just like radio, I am sure this is happening. Maybe we can get Mitchell to investigate it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)