It's Toshiba's Turn.

There are a fair number of 50+ yo people on this board though. I'm 58, and I grew up with an ever expanding technology. A lot of my friends are the same way. Besides, those big plasmas are perfect for our failing eyes and high powere receivers for those frail ears :)
The point is there are generations of people that will never go HD. My 80 year old father will wont. That in itself will keep a large portion of potential owners away for a 10-maybe 30 years as those 60, 70, 80 year olds die off and are replaced with 20, 30 and 40 years olds making this war go on and on and on.

The point is there are generations of people that will never go HD. My 80 year old father will wont. That in itself will keep a large portion of potential owners away for a 10-maybe 30 years as those 60, 70, 80 year olds die off and are replaced with 20, 30 and 40 years olds making this war go on and on and on.

Or they'll just skip discs altogether and go with Vudu. For those that haven't heard of it, you can see it at VUDU - Home. I just learned about it today, and would definitely consider it over either disc format.

Or they'll just skip discs altogether and go with Vudu. For those that haven't heard of it, you can see it at VUDU - Home. I just learned about it today, and would definitely consider it over either disc format.

Vudu? Puh-lease...

Listen, if people skip discs and go to video downloads, it won't be over the clogged Internet. It will be through cable and satellite providers.

No way in the world I'm leaving my movie watching pleasure up to the Internet (or my PC in general, for that matter).

LOL, I think sony should cut their losses and just throw in the towel. Seems every other couple days there are more reasons hd-dvd is gonna come out on top.

LOL!
You do realize 500k vs 5mil = as of now I dubt HD-DVD would beat in sales vs Blu-ray.
Keep dreaming...I personally think thats a huge difference (I mean really a 4.5 mil difference its huge), no matter if the BD owners buy a BD disc at all or not, they still come out on top in sales.

LOL!
You do realize 500k vs 5mil = as of now I dubt HD-DVD would beat in sales vs Blu-ray.
Keep dreaming...I personally think thats a huge difference (I mean really a 4.5 mil difference its huge), no matter if the BD owners buy a BD disc at all or not, they still come out on top in sales.

You mean 2 million vs. 500k. It's still a huge disparity. However, the Sony wishes it had sold 4.5 mill PS3's in the US.

They wouldn't be sucking wind right now.

Back to the OT. Nope, it's still Sony and Disney's turn. Another buy one get one free Blu-Ray sale during the release of Shrek 3. :eek: Come on. Shrek? I can understand that for Transformers, since that screams gamer title. However, Shrek 3? It's a non-combo. It's its own worst enemy. It's an animated title that doesn't play in the minivan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)