It's official: The Format War is Over! Toshiba pulls the plug on HD DVD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Let's see- last I heard, the majority of cable boxes today are analog. Cablecos are slow to upgrade. Why would they suddenly, massively, deploy the latest and greatest for downloading movies from anyone, not just themselves? At the cost of the modems themselves and the infrastructure to support them? This isn't exactly plug and play with currently deployed cable systems.

Because they're afraid of Fios? Come on, Fios is expanding at a snail's pace, overall.

The internet as it exists in the United States today simply cannot have a sudden huge increase in traffic. There are already complaints about the load created by crude video sites like utube.

I was among the first of the HD-DVD camp to say it was over when Warner signed over to Blu-Ray.

Now that is done, time for Sony et, al to get prices down, get features, finalize hardware, etc... Hope I'm wrong about them, but wouldn't be suprised if prices don't go up "to cover/recover conversion cost" across the board, if prices don't then A+ for them.

I was among the first of the HD-DVD camp to say it was over when Warner signed over to Blu-Ray.

Now that is done, time for Sony et, al to get prices down, get features, finalize hardware, etc... Hope I'm wrong about them, but wouldn't be suprised if prices don't go up "to cover/recover conversion cost" across the board, if prices don't then A+ for them.

There will be lower end blu-ray players coming out around the 250$ range..

OK

On the idea that some how IPTV, in any form, will take over, push Blu-Ray out, etc... That would be a negative! Until 100% of the nation has broadband internet (of at least 1.5Mbps down/up, which would still take a long time to download a 3GB movie!!!) that is affordable (no $60 supposed to be broadband satellite internet, that has a FAP limit that is at best a movie (Wild Blue) or in the case of my satellite ISP 200MB per 24 hours (plus unlimited from 2-5AM) IPTV is nothing but a pipe dream, at least in regards to it kicking HDM's butt...

Actually, Sony is currently making money on every PS3 being sold right now. And Sony did not lose billions -- gee Vurbano, now are you going to get on the hate Sony bandwagon since HD-DVD became R.I.P.?
While Sony is making money overall, every PlayStation 3 is sold at a loss.

Yes, the format was is over, and the winner is Blu-Ray, NOT!

Holographic discs were not supported when they came out, they now have the backing, in 2010, when you get your 10 Terrabyte Consumer Holographic Disc, and they will hold more than just 10 Terrabytes in the future, you'll wonder what to do with your OBSOLETE Blu-Ray Player...

Holographic Discs use the same Violet laser, so look for them to READ Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs too....

Sony's Blu-Ray is the NEW Beta, Beta officially died in 2004, when the LAST Beta VCR was manufactured, the SLHF 2000, I have one sitting here, and Sony officially stopped making the Beta tapes, but Beta SP is still used by Studios.

HD-DVD was the V-Cord of Digital Video, Sony's Beta will last no more than 2 years, because when the Holographic discs go consumer, rather than just Professional right now, Blu-Ray will join the ranks of the Beta VCRs, sitting around, with no new content being made.

UltraHD is here, blows HD away, but we won't see it as consumers until 2015 at the earliest....

The Format war is OVER alright, the winner is Holographic Discs!! Coming soon to your nearest electronics store in 2010.

Holographic discs were not supported when they came out, they now have the backing, in 2010, when you get your 10 Terrabyte Consumer Holographic Disc, and they will hold more than just 10 Terrabytes in the future, you'll wonder what to do with your OBSOLETE Blu-Ray Player...

Holographic Discs use the same Violet laser, so look for them to READ Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs too....

Sony's Blu-Ray is the NEW Beta, Beta officially died in 2004, when the LAST Beta VCR was manufactured, the SLHF 2000, I have one sitting here, and Sony officially stopped making the Beta tapes, but Beta SP is still used by Studios.

HD-DVD was the V-Cord of Digital Video, Sony's Beta will last no more than 2 years, because when the Holographic discs go consumer, rather than just Professional right now, Blu-Ray will join the ranks of the Beta VCRs, sitting around, with no new content being made.

UltraHD is here, blows HD away, but we won't see it as consumers until 2015 at the earliest....

The Format war is OVER alright, the winner is Holographic Discs!! Coming soon to your nearest electronics store in 2010.
Oh my Gosh i hope so!! I'm ready!! Better then 1080p!!! Sign me up!:hungry::hungry:

That must be some good stuff!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)