Stick a fork in HD-DVD. It's time to end the format war.

I wish Bill Hunt and all the other Blu-bloods would make an appeal to Blu-Ray manufacturers to lowering the effing hardware costs--seriously--$2k for a profile 1.1 player?

I wish Bill Hunt and all the other Blu-bloods would make an appeal to Blu-Ray manufacturers to lowering the effing hardware costs--seriously--$2k for a profile 1.1 player?

Is this the best you can do? Draw a false generalization based on one high-end player?

I wish allargon and all the other DVD-bloods would make an appeal to DVD manufacturers to lowering the effing hardware costs--seriously--$2k for an upconverting DVD player?
Marantz America | DV9600 Progressive Scan Universal DVD Player

Ah....Blu-Ray Bill gets his for free. Remember his fit when Toshiba didn't send him an A-1 for free? He never got over it.

Whats funny is an HD-DVD guy (I know you own both, but you're about as neutral as I am) just gave Bill some more hits.

:clap

I actually think HD-DVD's overdone and it will take more than a fork at this point.

The best way for the BD folks to end this war is to have the BD studios release a flood of great, highly desirable titles that will get folks out to the store to buy a player or PS3.

Quite frankly, the releases from both sides have been a bit lackluster lately....

The best way for the BD folks to end this war is to have the BD studios release a flood of great, highly desirable titles that will get folks out to the store to buy a player or PS3.

Quite frankly, the releases from both sides have been a bit lackluster lately....

If Warner comes through with its promise and delivers BD with every DVD release it should help. Other studios need to follow, release BD with DVD and work on the more popular catalog titles.

It's important to know your enemy!
Enemy?!?
He's a puppet with prophet ambitions and a following that quotes him as the Bible.

"...sweaty fanatic with God's complex and Juda's habits" (Brodsky; translated from Russian).

Diogen.

IMHO, he loses a lot of credibility with such a slanted viewpoint. Before this "war" mentality, he always seemed like such a rational guy. If it's indeed true that it's all because Toshiba would not give him a free player than it's a shame. That's not "objective journalism".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)