Its not my fault!

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I might not be the biggest supporter of BD on this site but I might be the most outspoken. Reason is simple, someone has to fight the FUD on BluRay. There is just too much stuff being written (just lately the AP article about HD-DVD) that is negative on BluRay. And why? They got off to a bad start with some crappy conversions by Sony and a faulty player by Samsung.

Thank God for HD-DVD. Without HD-DVD coming out of the gates firing on most cylinders Sony might not of got off its collective backside and started improving their BD product. And with Toshiba continuing to improve their players HD-DVD roared thru 2006. But now HD-DVD has hit a speedbump. That is not my fault.

BluRay is roaring down the road right now. For whatever reason, Sony got most of the manufacturers and movie studios to back the BD format. No one can convince me that Toshiba could not have done that with HD-DVD -- but they didn't. So the BD camp has all the numbers now. The most standalone players on the market, the most titles out for sale, the most studios backing the format and the bigest hits over the last few years coming out on BD. And Sony also got mom and dad by hooking up with Buena Vista and Disney. When looking for a HD format for the kids BD is going to be right up front because of the titles. This isn't my fault either.

What is my fault is sharing most everything I find on the net. It can be positive or negative but if it applies -- I am guilty. And when I share my oppinion or do some dumb prediction based on what I read -- I am guilty.

I would just like you guys to know this, there is nothing wrong with HD-DVD. It is an excellent product but I don't believe that it is the best product. Maybe last year between April 2006 and November 2006. But not now. The best product is the one that is giving the consumer the most choice and that is BD. That is not my fault either.

I'll just wait and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)