My Netflix Queue

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Decided to take a look and see how many movies (that I currently have chosen) could be watched if I only owned either player. Did this a long time ago and its another reason I stuck with BD.

I know everyones habits are different, BUT these movies are all mainstream release theater movies like:

Next
Disturbia
The Reaping
Bourne

If I only had a PS3 - 26 movies could be seen in HD out of my current selection

A2 - 13

To me that says a lot about what studios are giving better options on new releases.

This is not to start a big pissing contest, just wanted to take another review of my selection on HD since its been about a year since I did so.

Blu definitely has a larger selection of current hits.

The indy and smaller studios lean towards HD-DVD. I would guess due to lowering authoring, replication costs and greater familiarity with the format.

Personally, I wouldn't go near your top 3 of that 4 with a 10 ft. pole. I'm not giving you a hard time. I just know those 3 were universally panned. Two of those titles are purple, so I'm not even being a fanboy. (This time.)

Hey, thats what netflix is for me, watching the ok and kinda good movies.

Watched Disturbia tonight and it was much better than I expected. Most movies I buy were watched at the movies first OR I just bought them because I knew I wanted them. Kinda how Potter was today and Bourne will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)