It's like pulling teeth to get a replacement receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
So for a few weeks one of my H24 been having strange issues going on. So I called in and they "trouble shoot" the problem but telling me to wait and see if the things we tried worked to fix it.

Second call they sent a report to the engineering department wait 24-48 hours still no fix.

Third call wanted to repeat step one and I got stern and said I'm paying $6 a month that when equipment breaks you replace it. So after "trouble shooting" he said he'll put in a order to replace it.

So I get a call from D* (forget what department but you need to enter a 4 digit pin to get in) here we "trouble shoot" again. So he had to reset all settings and see if that fixes it. I did for a few days but now its acting up again.

So last night I called back again and after another "trouble shooting session" the guy says "I can replace the receiver I have no problem doing that I just don't think it'll the problem." Yeah let's do that since its what I wanted all along. I said I guess if this doesn't fix it then I'll call for a tech to come out.

Finally I'm getting a replacement receiver sent out.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

easiest way to solve it....

tell them the receiver wont power on. They'll go through their troubleshooting 101 and just keep saying "it wont power on"
Thats how I got receivers sent out no problems

I had a R15 that I bought at a goodwill store after I started with D*
Worked fine but then the sensor on the unit for the remote was crap. Called and said the remote sensor was bad and they wouldnt do much

Called back and said it didnt work and I unplugged it from the outlet and plugged back in. Wont power up
Pulled the access card and put back in...still wont power up
rep ordered me a replacement receiver right away (ended up with a R22)

Lol. I was so frustrated with my DVR dying a slow death that I called up and said "Let's do whatever you've got to do to document it, but you're going to send me a new receiver at the end of this call. If it isn't the one I want, you're going to send me another, ok?" I was good humored about it but definite about what I wanted and it worked. If it hadn't, I had the "Won't power up" advice in my pocket. I've been fairly lucky getting what I need from D*, except a free DVR for the bedroom but that's cause I'm in an MDU with no competition. :(

I believe it was a hard drive Issue, my one h24 was locking up for about 30-45, if I did a rev button reset the receiver would lose my settings that I programmed into it. Ex. Favorites list, TV resolution settings. Oddly it remembered my quick tune and parental settings only.

New receiver is working great now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts