Its not always Dish involved in disputes...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
IMG_3774.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

Yeah, I read about that, too, and had to LAUGH. To be fair, Charlie and Dish were FIRST to take a stand (if even just for themselves, and any benefit to the subscribers was trickle down), but in the last SEVERAL years ALL the big Cable Cos. and DirecTV have followed and done the same sort of game of willing to drop--and they ALL have dropped for at least some time--channels or services.

As I and others have said, the whole MVPD mess of media cos. always demanding way more $$ is just repeating itself with the newer vMVPD's like YTTV. The same monster is growing, except now the media companies have their own streaming services, but I still think those same media companies make MORE money from re-transmisions rights paid by both MVPD's and vMVPD's. I don't think the media companies want either MVPD's or vMVPD's to ever go away because if they did, those media companies would have to charge like $40+ per month for their streaming services to fund the true cost of all that NEW programming they always have to pump out, and ESPN even MORE per month. MVPD's and vMVPD's are subsidizing the low monthly fees for the media companies streaming services. I'll just wait 3 months or so for the streaming shows/episodes to see them on Dish. It makes not a difference to me. Heck, I'll wait even 6 months or more.

Two things I notice...
1) There's no comments about Disney being "unfair", "unrealistic", or anything else really negative.
That is for only when Dish is involved in the dispute.
2) YTTV will discount their price $15/month if the Disney channels drop.
First time I have heard of any provider that volunteer to discount the package price when there is a dispute.

First time I have heard of any provider that volunteer to discount the package price when there is a dispute.
Guess they aren't quite as greedy as all the other providers..and they also don't stick it in your a** with dvr and extra tv fees.. charlie could save a lot of customers and still have a large profit margin if he would loosen up with the fees but he's too greedy for that..By the time they release the new fangled hopper+ they won't have customers left to pay for it and you will see more increases for fees..

Guess they aren't quite as greedy as all the other providers..and they also don't stick it in your a** with dvr and extra tv fees.. charlie could save a lot of customers and still have a large profit margin if he would loosen up with the fees but he's too greedy for that..By the time they release the new fangled hopper+ they won't have customers left to pay for it and you will see more increases for fees..
That is one of the reasons I cancelled DISH and it has always ticked me off: DISH FEES. Now I have Sling tv and it has a dvr option for 200hrs and it cost only $5.00 a month. Beats the Hell out of the $15.00 dvr fee for the hopper.

From the other thread....

From today's Buffalo News re: a possible TEGNA dispute with Verizon FIOS.

Oh, no. WGRZ-TV, the NBC affiliate that is already is off Dish because of a contract dispute between the station’s TV owner, Tegna, and the satellite provider, is in jeopardy of losing more potential viewers.
Verizon has sent a notice to Fios subscribers saying it is “working hard to come to a fair agreement with Tegna, the owner of WGRZ NBC (502 HD / 2 SD) before our current agreement expires at 5 p.m. on December 31, 2021. However, Tegna has proposed unreasonable price increases, starting with close to a 50% increase. In the past year, Tegna removed their stations from other video providers who would not agree to unreasonable price increases. Tegna may do the same with Fios.

“Verizon remains committed to giving customers the ability to watch these TV channels but simply cannot agree to Tegna's demands for such unreasonable price increases.”

A provider is required to tell its subscribers of a potential loss of a station when a contract is close to running out.