It's Official-Tyson Fight to Air on VOOM Ch. 711-For Free!!! at 9pm EST

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just received word that the upcoming Mike Tyson fight will be shown in HD on VOOM! The fight will air on Friday July 30th.

VOOM will soon begin running ads for the fight on their 21 exclusive channels.

No word on cost.

More as I know it. :D

The only thing Mike Tyson will be fighting- are those voices in his head!

Neutron said:
This fight will be right across the river from me. I'm not looking forward to the traffic that this will bring.

The mayor of Louisville already has said that this fight needs to be somewhere else. He said Tyson was a bum and a nobody. Interesting....

He better watch his ears. :D

It appears that Dish Network will also be offering the fight in HD from this post http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=152989 and the online pppv page showing it http://www.ppvorder3.com/events/event_menu.htm

But it is listed as being available on the 148 sat on the 9428 ppv. Hopefully that's just an outdated reference as to where the HD PPV channel is, or else only 50 people will even have the option to order it.

I doubt that voom will be able to offer it for free or only $1 since the price dish has is $44.95

free on showtime HD

just received email back from voom
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Meagan J.) - 07/21/2004 10:12 AM
Thank you for contacting VOOM.
I am happy to say that you have been correctly informed. The Tyson
fight will be free to all existing VOOM members and it will be televised in
HD. It will be broadcasting on Showtime HD. If you have any further
questions please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank you
for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!
Joseph T. Grant
VOOM Email Support

Helpful Links displayed on website on - 07/21/2004 12:53 AM
-

Customer (BRYAN) - 07/21/2004 12:53 AM
Is it true that Voom is going to carry the Tyson fight on July 30th? Is
it also true that this will be free and in HD?

Thanks

This is good news. Either one of two things is happening: Voom hasn't figured out their PPV features yet, OR they are just amking it another perk of having Voom.

It sounds like it's party planning time.

I saw it this morning in the HDnews livewire that it will be on VOOM. It did not specify channel number just that it will be on VOOM.

VOOM is supposed to start airing commercials about this fight about a week before it is scheduled to happen.

From my understanding it will air on its own special channel (99? or 999?)

I don't see it on the ZAP2IT schedule for July 30th... I guess it hasn't been officially worked out yet.

Disclaimer: I talked to a CSR

When I called he read me the entire memo that is handed out to all CSR's and it stated that ALL customers would be able to watch it on Showtime. When I asked if it was actually on the ShowHD East channel he tried asking around but could not verify it. I made sure that a subscription to Showtime was not necessary. So one of two things is going to happen. Either Voom activates all customers for Showtime for one night (least likely) or they put it on it's own channel temporarily. On the bottom of HDNews last night it stated it was a Voom HD Original which made me think it is going to be on it's own channel.

Most likely we will all find out 10 minutes after the show starts luckily Tyson won't come out till the very end, still I'm already planning a party at my house, is it going to start at 8pm EST?

After Lewis mopped the floor with Tyson I wonder if he's had the resources to get back in shape, I missed Tyson Versus Etienne... heh free Heavy Weight Boxing is always a treat.

The Showtime website lists no price, but does list Voom as a provider. BTW, I'm a big boxing fan. I don't watch Showtime fights very often because they're not HD, they are promoted, generally, by Don King, and they are thus gross mismatches. The fight announcers are not of the quality seen even on ESPN.

Besides which, I don't see anything in HD on Showtime on Voom, do I?

I wonder why Showtime HD and TMC-HD aren't listed as HD in the PG, their shows "look" HD to me.

jose44 said:
The Showtime website lists no price, but does list Voom as a provider. BTW, I'm a big boxing fan. I don't watch Showtime fights very often because they're not HD, they are promoted, generally, by Don King, and they are thus gross mismatches. The fight announcers are not of the quality seen even on ESPN.

Besides which, I don't see anything in HD on Showtime on Voom, do I?
The guy I talked to said it was a $44.99 value. Don King is an investor in Voom so I think that is why we get this treat. Nothing on "Showtime" is HD, only on "Showtime HD".

wasch_24 said:
The guy I talked to said it was a $44.99 value. Don King is an investor in Voom so I think that is why we get this treat. Nothing on "Showtime" is HD, only on "Showtime HD".

Aha! My friend was right. However this whole event will be in HD right? At least that much has been confirmed, so if its on Showtime it will air on their ShowtimeHD channel, but like others have said airing it on Channel 99 would make more sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts